06/18 Boomer AMPS 122 +3 112 +6 79 PMPS 83 +3 85, photo

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday: one of three under 50s
    Good morning!
    AMPS 122 shooting .75u

Well Boomer, DH and I had a bit of a pj party last night since he tested at 45 at +3. I was surprised at how much he came up after a spoonful of higher carb ff and his regular +3 fuds; I've given syrup before and he hasn't come up that much. And Boomer is 1/3 of his way towards another reduction.

Boomer ate most of his fuds last night. I need to find a way to give him less food (I know, that part is easy) but ensure he is still safe and lets me sleep. I may try giving a PM+6 snack instead of meal and eliminating the ff at +9 altogether but just giving some small pieces of chicken to keep him from starving :rolleyes:

Allen ate only ok last night. And I don't believe there was a poop (unless it's buried which it isn't usually) which makes 2 days without poop. We need to increase the lactulose but we're running out. It's been ordered; I will need to contact the vet assistant today. He ate breakfast ok but puked right after. And then he sat at his auto feeder wanting to eat (he does this, pukes then eats right after :p).

On the agenda today: taking my car in for an oil change at +3.5 (DH will be home with the boys). And we're expecting storms similar to last Wednesday's.

A few days ago we went for a walk around another local pond but one we've only visited once before. And just as we started on the path there were 3 Cedar Waxwings flying around. I was happy when each one was landing only a few feet off the ground instead of at the top of a large tree. Photo attached.

Attached Files:

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Gorgeous bird!!

Good luck experimenting again with the food!!

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad Boomer came up for you last night. He's looking good. I hope Allen gives you some poop soon. I hope you stay safe in that weather. Great picture. Beautiful bird.

4. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Love cedar waxwings! Beautiful photo, thanks for sharing, Judy.

Hope the boys have a feel good eat good poop good day.❤️ No barfus please, Allen.

5. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Happy Poopy No Barf Monday , Judy !!! :bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:

Bellasmom and Judy and Boomer like this.
  6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

PJ parties are not fun but it means closer to reducie which is good. I guess it's a trade off. The food issue seems to be the worst to figure out in all this. Have fun out of the house for awhile. Tomorrow I get my turn.

7. Judy and Boomer

I read late last night that your visit with your Father didn't go very well. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Judy and Boomer

9. Judy and Boomer

10. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Boomer is lookin' good, PJ party and all!! Good luck with the dreaded fuds experiments!

I saw Allen's BG yesterday - awesome! Poop vines, too...and I hope his tummy settled. My civvie Zen will do the same thing...barf and then eat again a few minutes later....just to keep us guessing I suppose!

11. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

We have a tree that has small red berries on it. The berries come out around Christmas but the tree looses its leaves before the berries (it kinda looks like holly but isn't). The berries ferment eventually and the cedar waxings come in and devour them and get good and tipsy from them. The racket they make is astounding-lol.

Idjit's mom and Judy and Boomer like this.
  12. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 83 shooting .75u

13. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Oh wow the color on that bird is gorgeous! I need to start bringing my laptop to my moms when I go there so I can show her your bird photos, she would love them! Glad to see those low numbers :) Question - why does he wait until 3 lime greens for his reduction? Is it because he has already been OTJ before?

14. Judy and Boomer

Hi Amanda, it's because he's a long term diabetic (over a year) that we do 3 numbers under 50 or 1 under 40 (or 7 days of green) for him to earn a reduction.

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  15. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Luvies to Boomer and Allen, I hope the eating and pooping issues resolve. And hopefully fewer PJ parties. I loved the picture, such beautiful coloring. Thank you for sharing.

16. Judy and Boomer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.