? 06/20 Leo AMPS :103 (US) 5.7 (W) Skipping AM shot

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sonia & Leo, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Leo’s BG was 77 (US) 4.3 (W) at 5:30am this morning, I had to feed him a spoonful of food otherwise he would not have sat still for a test. I’m assuming the BG of 77 was a slightly lower before feeding.

Depending on the AMPS number, I’m considering reducing by another .25 so 3.75U.

I would love some opinions please, I’m exhausted and can’t think straight. :confused:

AMPS is now 103, but I had to feed him since 5:30am. So I'm assuming a lower number.

@ +1: I've decided to skip Leo's am shot.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It takes about 20-30 minutes for the food to effect the BG. It was a safe number to shoot provided you were going to be hone to monitor. Usually when you shoot a green number you get a flat cycle.

3. Sonia & Leo

Hi, what do you mean by getting a flat cycle when you shoot green? I wasn't sure about the dose reduction of only .25. Should I have shot half of the 4.0 dose? I'm really confused. I had set my alarm to test during the night at +6 and didn't wake up till this morning at 5am in a panic.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  4. tiffmaxee

Often but not always when you shoot a green number you get a green cycle or maybe low blue and don’t drop under 50. If you do get a drop it would be time for another reduction. You are getting a nice cycle so far today so see where he is at PMPS. The only reason to reduce at this point to 3.75 would be to be able to shoot every 12 hours without having to skip doses. The NS should give you a number that you can shoot tonight.

5. Sonia & Leo

Thank you! So tonight as long as the PMPS is green or blue I should continue to shoot 4u? If he goes below 50 during the night, I reduce the dose. Otherwise stay the course at 4?

6. tiffmaxee

I would. I suspect a reduction will be earned soon. :D He’s looking good.

7. Sonia & Leo

Thank you so much for helping me out. :bighug:

8. Sonia & Leo

Just tested Leo and his BG is 88 @+10 but there's been 3 NS's in the past 3 cycles. Shouldn't his BG's be way higher? I'm not getting this...is this the depot effect?

9. tiffmaxee

Please get a +2. The depot should have drained with NS. I bet a reduction comes soon.

10. Sonia & Leo

I just got a +4, it's 7.1 (w)

11. tiffmaxee

Good. He might be headed for a bounce.

12. Sonia & Leo

Setting my alarm for 3hrs from now, thank you!

13. Sonia & Leo

10.6 @ +7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.