06/21 Boomer AMPS 119 +3 77 +6 65 PMPS 74 +3 59, Allen update, wildlife photo

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Jun 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 119 shooting .75u

Boomer ate most of his overnight fuds but left some of his +6. I had a heck of a time getting him to eat at PM+3; usually he dives right in to his +3 and the extra food but last night he rejected everything. I finally got him to eat after 3 or 4 different foods. Had the same problem at PMPS; he didn't even want his chicken pieces that he gets after his shot although I did get him to eat a bit more at +1. This morning I had a bit of trouble and ended up putting a bit of his turkey pate on my finger and putting it on his mouth. He then decided it didn't taste so bad after all. I'm sure this has a lot to do with Allen but I hope he gets over it soon!

Allen ate a bit last night but his favourite food of the day was the Hound & Gatos and I only had the one can of it in the rejected-cans cupboard. I'll get more today. This morning I offered him Fowl Ball and he ate a tiny bit so I dug into the rejected-cans cupboard again and offered him a Wellness Core product and he ate some of that. Allen got fed early today so that we could give him his meds before DH left for golf. And I was pleasantly surprised when, about an hour later, I was feeding Boomer and Allen got up out of the bed and seemed to want food. I let him access his daytime buffet and he ate a wee bit. He's very stinky :oops: but was washing himself this morning when DH opened his bedroom door. I think I'll pick up some kitty wipes when I go out to buy Hound & Gatos. Generally, he's looking a bit better this morning than last night. And as per Dr Larry, we've cut back the cisapride to one a day, the diazoxide to 50 mg a day instead of 100 mg, the lactulose to 3ml a day (we split that in two doses) and Dr Larry is looking at a different med to assist in keeping his BG up.

A big thank you to everyone who stopped by over the last few days with hugs, vines, prayers etc! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

On the agenda today: well DH has gone to his golf league so I'm at home with the boys for a few hours. I'm supposed to do a family photo session later this afternoon but one of the little girls was taken to the hospital yesterday so I'm not sure it will take place. It's going to be a beautiful day here so perhaps I can get out for a walk later once DH is home.

Today's wildlife image is that of a Green Heron found by the river in Stratford on our trip there last week.

Attached Files:

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  2. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Wow! A green heron! I have never seen one! Beautiful bird, beautiful photo! Thank you, Judy.

I’m sorry that the boys are being appy oofy. Sometimes smorgasbord reigns and that’s what it is. Good thing you have a cabinet of alternatives to reach into.

Just a thought about stinky fur areas: unless there are any open skin/wound areas, maybe a tad of ACV and tiny tad of coconut oil super diluted in warm water (so that you can barely whiff the ACV) might help clean, refresh coat and help get the stinky spots clean? Spritz on coat or use warm wet washcloth saturated in the spritz stuff and then brush or comb through. I did that with Bo whose elderly priorities didn’t lend to him attending to his fullsome Maine coon fur.

OT sort of: The other night Civie Spunky was sleeping alongside me and I awoke to an awwwwwwful smell! My gawd, she’d farted in her sleep! She slept right through it, stirring only when I got up to open the window more!

Vines for a good day for you and your clowder.❤️

Kris & Teasel and Beth 73 like this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Boomer stops being picky and eats for you. I'm glad Allen is doing better and eating some. Sending prayers. Great picture.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  4. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I'm sure Boomer is just having sympathy pains for Allen :( Glad Allen is eating a bit better today and sending loads of appy vines for him. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Judy and Boomer

oh my this just made me laugh out loud!
    One reason we're giving two half does of the lactulose is because a full dose gives Allen awful gas :oops:

HWright likes this.
  6. Judy and Boomer

ACV?

7. Judy and Boomer

More like wanting the 3-5 food choices that Allen has in his buffet :rolleyes:

8. Judy and Boomer

+3 77
    Allen asked for food about an hour ago and ate a tiny bit. And as soon as Boomer's +3 alarm went, he got out of his bed and headed towards the kitchen so he's in his bedroom now hopefully eating something from his buffet.

Beth 73 likes this.
  9. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

apple cider vinegar

Judy and Boomer and HWright like this.
  10. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Apple cider vinegar (preferably the raw organic kind with “the mother” in it. Bragg’s is one brand.

Happy toot-free day!

Beth 73 and Judy and Boomer like this.
  11. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Food vines for the boys.

12. Judy and Boomer

13. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Hopefully farts are harbingers of things to come , Judy :bighug::):woot: Or did I miss it ? Did Allen have an elimination event ?!????:woot:

HWright and Judy and Boomer like this.
  14. Judy and Boomer

Just the one caused by the vet yesterday :eek:

Beth 73 likes this.
  15. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Well, good !!!! A medically induced elimination is better than NO elimination at all, I always say :):woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

16. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 74 shooting .75u
    Allen's hunger seems to decrease all day and by PMPS he doesn't want to eat.

17. Judy and Boomer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.