06/22 Boomer AMPS 275 +3 223 +6 182 PMPS 284 +3 266, nervous Boomer, photo

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 275 shooting 3.5u

Boomer is acting really crazy. He's very nervous and hiding under the beds. I have no idea what has scared him this time but it started yesterday morning. Yet when I put him on the couch beside DH last night, he laid there for about half an hour having his neck/tummy massaged. And when I went to bed last night he did eventually jump up and laid beside me for a while. And he was sure friendly enough at 12:30 last night when he decided he was hungry and didn't like any of his buffet foods:rolleyes: Idk what is wrong with him. I'm looking into getting a Feliway diffuser; does anyone here have any experience with them?

It's a beautiful warm sunny day here (anti jinx) and I've already been out. I went back to the hospital grounds where I heard and spotted the Eastern Meadowlarks yesterday and although I heard two of them there were no sightings today. I did however come across a Belted Kingfisher fishing in the run-off pond and got several decent shots of her before and after she fished.

Today's photo was taken yesterday morning at the above-mentioned hospital grounds and is a Spotted Sandpiper chick!

Attached Files:

CatMamaG, Shoeskitty-GA and Bellasmom like this.
  2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I hope his nervousness goes away soon, I do know that when I lost sammie my cats acted very strange they had all been together along time

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  3. Judy and Boomer

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I posted on yesterday’s thread about feliway diffusers .

5. Judy and Boomer

Thanks Bobbie; I'll take a look.

6. Judy and Boomer

Funny, DH just came home from running some errands and Boomer made an appearance to say hi, came to me for head scratches, then went to his toys and tossed his feathered ball up in the air a couple of times. Now he's retreated back into the spare bedroom although he's not yet under the bed.
    He's just trying to drive this Bean crazy, that's all.

ETA: He only stayed in his bedroom a few minutes then he came back out and laid by the back door.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Amy&TrixieCat likes this.
  7. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I have 4 in the house when I had 4 cats. I am now down to 3. I can't say they work but I know when they are out!!!

I have mine in the front room, hallway and the bedroom. My mom has one for her high strung cat...she has two - 1 in the front room by her tree and one in the bedroom to keep her calmer.

I use Amazon to get the refills as I can get a box of 6 for less for what you can get them in the store for.

8. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

I don't like the idea of breathing something in the air constantly. I spray the Feliway on a small towel,let it dry a few mins & put it down where they lay. If I'm taking one to the vet I put it in their carrier. I do notice a difference,they are calmer.
    Several months ago Ravan start having seizures. They only lasted a few mins but he acted very frightened when it was over. He kept looking around & hiding. Usually by the next day he was OK. He only had 3 seizures about a month apart (that I know of) always at night around 9PM

I started giving him 3 Drops of CBD OIL once or twice a day. The last seizure was Feb 24th. I'm pretty sure that's why he hasn't had another seizure. Charlotte's Web CBD OIL was created for a Little girl that was born with a disease that caused seizures. The CBD was the only thing that helped her.

My vet now gives it to his 2 little dogs for anxiety & arthritis. He said it does help. Cornell University recommends 2 Brands, "ElleVet Feline" and the one I use "Paws" by Charlotte's Web.

I hope Boomer feels better soon!

upload_2019-6-22_11-58-1.jpeg

9. Judy and Boomer

10. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Sounds like he may be getting over it albeit slowly. Any chance he saw an outside kitty? I remember Amanda (@Osha) had an issue with a civie that freaked out on an outsider and resulted in anxiety and aggression with against the other cats.

11. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Judy, in cases like this I use Rescue Remedy and have had good success . While it will hopefully help deal with the " fruit" of sweet Boomers anxiety I'm praying for you to discover the " root", what caused this . Watching and keeping you both in thoughts and prayers :bighug:❤️

12. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Sorry, no answers here.

13. Judy and Boomer

Boomer is a bit better but I've had to scoop his food out onto a plate and take it into his bedroom for him although he did eat a bit from the usual location when DH and I were out of the house for a bit.
    He sees outdoor kitties on a fairly regular basis so no I don't think that's what has caused this issue.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  14. Judy and Boomer

We've ordered a Feliway diffuser and it should be here tomorrow or Monday.

15. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Judy, I use diffusers and spray . I think the diffusers calm me that I'm using them as much or more than them ;). I use the spray with measured success. According to directions, I will spray rugs and or where they sleep when company is coming . Seems to help , but it may be just me :rolleyes: . Hope it helps sweet Boomer :bighug:

16. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 284 shooting 3.5u

17. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you can figure out what is going on with Boomer. Sending prayers.

Sonia & Leo and Judy and Boomer like this.
  18. Judy and Boomer

19. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Hope you figure out why Boomer is stressing. Are these anxiety spells new or has he always done this?

The little chick is adorable!

20. Judy and Boomer

He's always been quite shy and nervous but he runs from whatever scares him then gets over it quickly. Now...this is the second time when something has scared him and it takes him 3 days to get over it.

21. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

:bighug: For you and Boomer.