06/23 Roo: AMPS = 221, +1 = 221, +3.5 = 171, +6 = 223 // PMPS = 253, +1.5 = 250

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Armish & Roo, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Yesterday

Morning!

Good start this morning with a yellow. Driving back home today from my parents' (3 hour drive) later today. Hopefully he can be a little chiller and stress free on the way back.

So since I started my dose last Tuesday PM cycle, I should be doing a curve on Tuesday or Wednesday to determine upping or lowering, right? Should I keep the same dose for now if I can't do a curve until the weekend? I work all day, so I'm not home between 8:45am and 6:30pm.

2. Margie and Jackson

Margie and Jackson Member

In my limited experience, I would not increase without a curve, since the increase should be based on the lowest number. Looks like Roo is doing great, though! I wish I could get Jackson to stay in the 200s more often.

Also cheers for adopting a diabetic cat!

3. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Thanks, makes sense! He seems to be doing alright so I think I might wait.

+3.5 update - 171, we got a blue y’all, haven’t gotten one of those in over a month, woohoo!

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Have a safe trip home, you and Roo :cat: He's looking good and I'm so happy that you were able to get the insulin and get started on that part of the treatment. You are taking such good care of him.

5. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Little higher at +6 but still yellow so happy with that. Maybe his nadir happens a little earlier than that?

Leaving to drive back now! No fuss getting in to the carrier so gabapentin must be kicking in

6. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Made it back okay! He peed in the carrier cuz he was scared but is back to his normal self, munching away right now.

This trip has been so exhausting, I'm so ready to tackle this insulin thing on a normal schedule :joyful:

7. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Sounds like you had an awesome trip visiting your parents :) I think Roo will respond really well to dosing now that vacation is over.

Did you have a puppy pad in the carrier? You can get them for pretty cheap at the dollar store :)

8. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

I think so too!

Definitely have a pee pad in there, learned my lesson the first time he peed in there without it. My poor bub.