06/25 Mowgli AMPS 356 PMPS 279 +4 173

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AmandaE, Jun 25, 2019.

1. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

06/24 Condo

Another dramatic start for Mowgli :rolleyes: maybe he dipped his toes in the lagoon last night o_O

It’s driving me crazy! I feel like we aren’t getting anywhere on this dose, it’s like it is both too much for him and not enough haha!

We leave for vacation RIGHT after Mowgli’s shot on Saturday morning so 8 more shots until we have a pet sitter. If this dose doesn’t show improvement do you think I should keep it while we’re on vacation?

Hope everyone has a great day :D

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    Reason for edit: Link edit
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Unless something changes this does look like a good vacation dose.

AmandaE likes this.
  3. AmandaE

I think so too! Wendy made a good point yesterday too that it is actually much easier for a pet sitter to measure because there is a line they can use for reference.

Thanks Carla! You’re always there for me :)

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Don't forget to leave a sample syringe with colored liquid for the pet sitter to compare the dose to.

AmandaE likes this.
  5. AmandaE

Definitely! I’m going to try and have ALL of that done before Friday night so that I’m not scrambling at the end of the week. We also plan to gradually pack the car so that we can leave on time Saturday.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  6. For_Luna

For_Luna Member

This. We didn't leave a sample this past weekend and the sitter was going to give too much.

Only way we know is because Luna wouldn't let her get close enough to give the injection (guess she knew it was too much), so the sitter recapped and put it in the fridge (we dumped it). It was about 0.25 over what we told her to give. Probably would have been safe but that's not the point. Have to follow instructions.

She's going to get a talking to and I'm going to leave a sample and a blown up picture with the correct dose highlighted next time.

7. AmandaE

Yikes! :nailbiting:

What a relief that she didn’t end up giving the dose! I did a reference syringe last time too and it worked really well. I’m so glad your pet sitter didn’t give the 0.25 extra

8. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Come on down Mowgli.....you look so much better in blue; come play on the beach, hopefully Yoyo will be there too:confused::cool:

AmandaE likes this.
  9. AmandaE

Yes Yoyo! Call Mowg to the Beach!!!

10. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Come on back down Mowgli - that pink is not your color :)

AmandaE likes this.
  11. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Whoa, that pink is not a nice colour Mow. I would stick to 1u while gone. He is getting some decent numbers without going too low.

The next few days may tell you something different but looks like a good idea for now.

AmandaE likes this.
  12. AmandaE

I think I will stick to the 1u... like you said, as long as he stays on this trend.

Mowgli, Listen to Tracey and Sue... they agree with me that Pink is just NOT your color :rolleyes:

learjetta likes this.
  13. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

14. AmandaE

You too Joy! I hope you had a good time at yoga too :)

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  15. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Sounds like Mowgli will be in good hands while you're camping! Phew, what a relief! Where are you going?

AmandaE likes this.
  16. AmandaE

For Canada day we’re driving to the Rocky Mountains to camp in Jasper and Yoyo, neither Ross or I have ever been there. We’re really looking forward to it.

We ended up booking an evening pet sitter and my BIL has said he wouldn’t mind giving Mowgli his shots in the AM. Our houseguests may still be here next week as well so if they can do the AM shots instead of BIL that would be the best case scenario;)

What are your vacation plans for Canada day?

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  17. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

The Rocky's are breathtaking, what a perfect trip! Take lots of pictures and stay safe, it's wild out there! I peeked in at your past condos after I asked where you're going so I know you have bear spray but make sure you're vigilant and keep it close by JIC.

I'm so happy for you that the babysitting is all figured out. You're BIL is a keeper!

On Canada day, we'll be flying back from Vegas, we're meeting our BC friends there and going to see Aerosmith! It should be fun but I'd rather be going to Jasper than the desert! lol

I hope you and Ross have a really wonderful time!

AmandaE and Jill & Alex (GA) like this.
  18. AmandaE

Oooo! Aerosmith!! You’re going to have a blast! Don’t lose all your money in Vegas :p will you take in any other shows while you’re there? Outlet malls?

BIL is definitely a keeper, he has so much going on in his life so I really appreciate that he will do this for me. 6am is early.

Ross and I both have bear spray training for work so we will be ready to use it but hope that we won’t have to. We aren’t planning to do any crazy trails or anything but you just never know in the Rockies. :)

Since it’s Canada day week I think Jasper might be bananas but hopefully everyone is in good cheer. Ross and I will be ;)

19. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Sonia I'm Diane, Tyler's mom, I just happened to come across this, was this the first time you saw Aerosmith, I am so jealous lol, they are my favorite rock band, I'm from New Jersey and must have seen them at least 5 times, yrs ago. I took my daughter to see them when she was around 8 or 9 old. I even named my two cats after them, Tyler after Steven and his brother I named Perry after Joe. I hope you enjoyed seeing them, let me know @Sonia & Leo

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019