06/25 Shmee PMPS 85, +1 72, +2 49!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda & Shmee, Jun 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Previous condo

I think I should have increased this morning :( I am still a little unsure of when to increase him at this point. Since he had such a long streak of greens I would thought I should keep him where he's at and see if this bounce breaks. But on the other hand I do not like those high numbers this morning and I know we do not always have to wait for a bounce to break to increase. Curious would you all would have done?

I hope everyone's Mondays go by fast :):coffee:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Which protocol are you following? If SLGS you do a curve once a week and increase or decrease based on nadir. If TR then it will tell you exactly when you need to increase.

3. Amanda & Shmee

I am following TR per my signature line. Its not very cut and dry on how long you hold the dose unfortunately. Wendy has said "if you are only seeing a spot of green" than you can increase, but he has gotten a lot more greens which is why I decided on keeping him at 7. I am curious what others would have done.

4. Juliet

Juliet Guest

A lot depends on how much you are around to monitor and what numbers you are comfortable keeping him in.

5. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

I think Shmee is looking good on this dose, you are getting to high 60s/low 70s, I certainly wouldn't increase. I also wouldn't say he has any bouncing this morning, he's not that high at all. Sometimes you just get a little less duration in a cycle, or you may be seeing some dawn effect. Even if he had a yellow start, remember you dose based on nadirs...on pm cycle of June 22nd, you started with PMPS 285, and Shmee got down to 66.

My advice, put on a nice, snazzy pair of patience pants and hold the dose ;)

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  6. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

OOooooo Christie! My patience pants are awful and boring and I hate wearing them!! Where do you get snazzy patience pants?!? I think I'd pay good money for those! ;):D

7. Amanda & Shmee

Haha ok this made me feel better about keeping him at 7, thank you! I wish there was a section on holding the dose in the TR sticky, it goes right from increasing to reducing so it has always been a little confusing to me on how long I am supposed to keep him on a dose. This makes sense though I appreciate it :)

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  8. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I would hold for another cycle or two...it looks like he is really trying on this dose to come down.

9. Christie & Maverick

Ive seen a few making their rounds here and there in our L&L forum...I think these ones are my favourite, quite snazzy :joyful:...they could be the travelling patience pants :p

[​IMG]

10. Amanda & Shmee

Thanks Tracey, I was thinking that too. If he doesn't get back down to green tonight I might increase tomorrow.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  11. Christie & Maverick

There is a bit of guidance for holding doses, "when your cat starts seeing nadirs under 100, hold the dose for at least 10 cycles before increasing". Sometimes there is room for an increase, if I see nadirs are only getting barely green, or mid to high 80s, then I have to consider if a bit more juice will help bring all the numbers down. In your case, I think reaching 66-72 the last few nights is good, based on those nadirs, I can't see room to increase, it may even be that with a few more cycles, you may actually see how 7u is really working, and maybe a reducie will be required. Just my thoughts, and full-disclosure, lately I've tended to linger over doses maybe a wee bit too long :rolleyes:

Sue and Luci and Amanda & Shmee like this.
  12. Amanda & Shmee

Thanks for the explanation Christie! I love to learn how others go about this, since it is not so cut and dry. Since Shmee's dose has gotten so high, Sienne & Gabby suggested following TR "more rigorously", so I do not want him to linger longer than he should... :blackeye: I have a hard time figuring out exactly when that should be.

13. Christie & Maverick

You're welcome, I also think it's very valuable to see how others approach things, I've learned a lot just by reading other condos. Indeed, the higher dose may add some other considerations, you test enough and know Shmee best. I do some different things with Mav around feeding, and I'm playing a bit with carbs, and I have a good sense of what he needs, but ECID. Hope you see some more nice greens tonight :D

14. Amanda & Shmee

15. Amanda & Shmee

+2 49 :nailbiting:
    It was time for his regular meal at +3, so I just gave him his regular LC 1/2 can meal as well as drained the HC gravy and mixed that in. I hope that was a good decision.
    Testing again in 20 mins (8:55pm) and will give him more HC if needed.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  16. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Don't fill him up too much. You may need him hungry so he will eat if you need to keep his numbers up over the next few hours.

Up! Shmee. Up!

17. Amanda & Shmee

+2 & 20 mins = 47
    Didn't do much yet, gave another two tsps. of gravy.

18. Christie & Maverick

It's flat, at least not significantly lower, let's get on back up a wee bit, it's still early in the cycle.

19. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Never fear!! LagoonMeisterin China is here!!!

Hold on Shmee…..I'm on my way wif da water wings!!
    cat with life preserver.jpg

20. Amanda & Shmee

Yes! Thank you Lagoon Meisterin China please come give Shmee a lift out!!

21. Amanda & Shmee

+ another 20 mins = 53, gave 1 tsp of gravy

22. Amanda & Shmee

+ another 20 mins (+3.25) = 62 :D
    Testing again in 30 mins.

23. Amanda & Shmee

+ 30 mins (+3.75) = 45
    Gave 2 more tsp of HC gravy
    Testing again in 20 mins

24. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

OK now Shmee…...Dis is Lagoon Meisterin China speaking....knock it off....dat's an order

Time to head to da shore a bit and quit teasing da toofy things!!

25. Amanda & Shmee

He's a rebellious one! Come on Shmee, stay at the beach it is so much nicer than the lagoon!

+4 = 66
    Gave 2 more tsps HC gravy
    Testing again in 30 mins

26. Amanda & Shmee

+30 mins (+4.75) = 78
    Testing again in 30 mins

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  27. Amanda & Shmee

+30 mins (+5.25) = 84
    Setting an alarm for one hour.

I really hope the next test hes still stable so I can get some sleep tonight... I have done nothing at work these last few days!

[​IMG]

28. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Great job keeping him safe. :bighug:

29. Juliet

Juliet Guest

I know how you feel! Silver just hit 31 :nailbiting:

30. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

You did such a fab job of keeping him safe. May you sleep for many hours now.

:bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.