06/26/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=174, +2=156, +4.5=106, +11=160

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Jun 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

06/25 +11=182

AMPS=164

All seems well. He ate ok last night and again this morning. Not sure what was wrong yesterday AM cycle but seems to have passed (hopefully).

Mama on the other hand... I think I have the beginnings of another shingles bout. I don't get the blisters other than just a small patch on my front close to pant waist area (if I get them) but they are "inside" and cause a very painful back ache. I have started lysine (which make me nauseated). I had the vaccine a couple of years ago and the flare ups are not as bad nor do they last as long. Stress is a definite trigger (read work). On the positive - at least it is this week and not next when I am off (Wed-Fri).

No local pharmacy carries the Epogen so I will be have to order from drsfostersmith.com. I have to call them to see if the express/special shipping will deliver on Saturday. Since the med is extremely heat sensitive I want to be here when it is delivered so it doesn't sit outside in 95* temp all day when I am at work.

Have a wonderful day - beans and sugar kitties. :bighug::cat::bighug:

2. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Oh no :( Its always something, right? I hope your meds come asap and you feel a little better for your days off.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. LizzieInTexas

Thank you. I still have one vile of the epogen so that will get me into next week. It is expensive ($50/4 doses) so I need to plan it as well as I can so I don't compromise the integrity of the medicine. I always get a vile of Lantus before the heat of summer hits but this is a new drug and he wasn't on it when summer started. The last package was delivered at 8AM and my neighbor was home and came over and moved it inside for me. But I was just lucky she was home. They do a very good job of packaging it but just don't want to risk it.

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  4. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Oh I feel for you! I had shingles years ago when I was just 11. Unusual in a kid. But I have never forgot the pain to this day. They used to paint this awful white ointment on it and it took four hours to stop hurting. Had to be re-applied every four hours. Hope the treatment has improved over the years.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Gizmo is doing better this morning. I hope you can work out the timing of getting the epogen. Sorry to hear you may be having a shingles bout. I hope it goes away quickly. Sending prayers.

6. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Hope it’s not shingles, Lizzie. It’s awful.
    Years ago had a bout that started in my eyes before it started to affect everything else. Had such searing optic pain and light sensitivity that I had to get a ride first to doctor and then straight over to opthamologist.

Hope Gizmo has a good day for him and for you.:bighug::bighug:❤️:bighug::bighug:

7. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Healing vines for you and Gizmo. And here's to speedy delivery of the epogen

8. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

No no no shingles !!!! Sending anti shingles prayers to you, Lizzie :bighug:❤️

9. Beth 73

Lizzie, I’m sure you know this but will throw it out there anyway ... there is a new 2 shot shingles vaccine available now and our primary care encouraged us to get it even if we have had the single dose vaccine in the past . Just a thot .

10. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=174

History:
    AMPS=164, +1.5=176

11. LizzieInTexas

Hmm. Didn't know that. I will talk to doc next time I am in.

At least it isn't the blisters except for a small, quarter size patch (always in the same place). Mine are "inside" and affect my stomach, intestines and a heck of a lower back ache (like kidney pain). It is all stress related. When I was first dx I went to the doc 2x for a "strained" back. The 2nd time I had the tiny patch of blisters that I showed a girlfriend (who has had them) at work and she told me she thought it was shingles so when I went back I showed doc and he confirmed.

12. Beth 73

That is so yuck . I nursed my mom thru them , stressed related as you said . Made her eat anti-inflammatory diet to help heal quicker and thst about stressed me out :nailbiting: :banghead: :woot:. Prayers for you to feel well soon :bighug:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  13. LizzieInTexas

I am grateful they are "mild" compared to some.

14. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Get well soon. :bighug:

15. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

I hope you feel better soon Lizzie, :bighug::bighug::bighug:

16. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Shingles is the utter pits and more.

I get this sometimes inside and out. Tends to run right along the nerve lines and external blisters can be.....anywhere....even unspeakable. :nailbiting: Internally are just beyond painful.

I've been dithering on the getting the vaccine. It is heck of expensive here and not the latest. I'm often too late with anything anti viral as I always fall for the same thought and that it is a flu bug . Twerp that I am.

Hope it is all cleared up like yesterday Liz. :bighug:

Beth 73 likes this.
  17. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Oi! @LizzieInTexas .

You passed de shingles on down through cyber space to the bottom of the world.

I has a little teeny outbreak. :arghh:

18. LizzieInTexas

I am so, so sorry :bighug:

19. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Feel better Lizzie! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

20. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Shingles be gone! Vines are on the way!! Feel better, Lizzie.
    I hope the meds for Gizmo arrive on a cool (!) day (if there is such a thing down there).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.