07/01 Boomer AMPS 209 :( +2 124 +3 77 +6 77 PMPS 173 +3 88

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Jul 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning and Happy Canada Day to all my Canadian friends!
    AMPS 209 shooting .5u
    Obviously he has failed this reduction. But since I am hoping to go with DH today to visit DMIL and will be gone for a few hours I am not increasing dose. Will do it tonight/tomorrow depending on DMIL's condition.

Boomer ate most of his overnight fuds leaving just a smidgeon in each dish.

Allen ate all of his overnight fuds and had 2 good poops! Looks like we've hit on a winning combination of meds that help his constipation and gets him to eat more. I do find though that he wants food all the time and it's up to us to make sure he doesn't overeat or he ends up puking it up. We haven't tested his BG since he started the new meds for it.

Update on DMIL: DH got home around 8:00 last night (PMPS) and said that she was much improved, could move her arms and legs and was trying to speak but couldn't very well. Dr asked her how old she is and she answered 25. He looked concerned; then she smiled at him.
    The only update this morning so far is that she was cold during the night and asked her nurse for an extra blanket. And her back is black and blue. When I told DH that the blood thinners would cause her to bruise easier and it was probably from the movement onto the gurney for the ambulance and off the gurney onto a bed at the hospital, he told me that the hospital "doesn't give blood thinners to anyone over 80". huh? Well I will find out about that today. They have not done the swallow test yet; I believe that will be today. I convinced DH to wait until +2 to leave so that I could grab a test from Boomer to make sure he's not planning anything stupid.:cat:

2. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

:smuggrin: Love the spunk!

Keeping all in my prayers :bighug:

Boomer, no funny stuff.:cat:

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Glad Boomer is well, it's one less thing to worry about right now. I just caught up on yesterday. Those clot busters can be wonderful. I think headache is the worst part of it though. Speech can come back in time.

When I was 35 I had a heart attack. I knew what was happening, but because blood work and ekg were normal the ER doctor said it was gas and sent me home. I begged them to let me walk down the hall and they would see that my ekg will change drastically. But nooooo. So by the time all the out patient tests were scheduled it was 2 months later and the damage was done.

4. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Sending loads of vines and prayers for your DMIL. Glad the med combo is helping Allen! Booms, nothing crazy today buddy.

5. Judy and Boomer

Doctors really need to learn to listen to their patients.
    I really have a hard time accepting that this hospital decided that it was ok to send a 95 year old woman home who had experienced heart palpitations.

6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

And with the heat wave happening.

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad both kitties are eating well and Allen is pooping. Sending more prayers for your DMIL.

8. Judy and Boomer

+2 124
    And with that 85 point drop in 2 hours when normally he's up a wee bit or level with PS, I guess I'm staying home with Boomer. sigh

9. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Happy Canada day!

Boomer...your timing is not very good. Sending more vines to your DMIL. :bighug::bighug:

10. Judy and Boomer

11. Judy and Boomer

No it certainly isn't!

12. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

I had a feeling he was going to pull a fast one. The higher his preshots seem to be a diving cycle. Hopefully you can get out soon

13. Judy and Boomer

Yesterday I said to DH that "knowing Boomer he will decide to drop tomorrow and we shouldn't even be talking about being away when he is within hearing distance". Cats! :rolleyes:

14. Judy and Boomer

Boomer is standing here looking at me..."Iz sorry mama I tryz to make you happy wit de green".
    Ok well maybe he's not actually telling me that, it's my guilty conscience because I was po'd at him at +2 this morning.

15. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

There's no reason in the world you can't just carb him up, abort this cycle and go

I doubt if you're planning on being gone all afternoon, so I'd just give him some Gravy Lovers and plan on being home in 2-3 hours

It's one cycle in a lifetime of cycles and DMIL would probably enjoy seeing you today

16. Judy and Boomer

Unfortunately it would be all afternoon; DMIL is about 1.5 hours drive from here. I was hoping DH would be ok to wait an hour or two and we could have left early afternoon around Boomer's +4 or +5. But he actually wanted to go even earlier. Hopefully I will be able to go tomorrow.

17. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Good news on the kitty front, even if the timing wasn't quite right.

Prayers for your DMIL. Love the answer though - 25...that made me giggle.

18. Judy and Boomer

19. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Oh Judy , your DMIL sounds like my momma , full of it :woot: Guess that’s part of their longevity :bighug: Sending continued prayers for her full recovery :bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️

20. Judy and Boomer

@Wendy&Neko if/when you have a minute could you please take a look at Boomer's ss?
    I'm a bit baffled as to what is going on here.
    After 5 (likely) cycles in solid blue and a yellow start to today, I would definitely have increased his dose if it weren't for the plan of going out of town to visit very ill DMIL. And then he gives me greens today! An overfull depot perhaps which means I'll see greens every 5ish cycles?
    I am, once again, planning to visit DMIL tomorrow and would hesitate to increase either tonight/tomorrow morning.

21. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 173 shooting .5u

22. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Canada Day, Judy. I hope that all will go well with your DMIL's recovery. These things can take time, however, so don't be discouraged. More recovery vines are on the way.

I hope the boys cooperate during this time of stress!

Hugs and scritches,

23. Judy and Boomer

24. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

OK Boomer.....slow it down a little....there's no hurry and Lagoon Meister Rusty and I have already been out to check on the sharks today

Stay where you are or paddle a little bit back towards shore so your mama can get some much needed sleep tonight!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.