07/10 Roo: AMPS = 270, +10.5 = 200 // PMPS = 162, +2 = 115, +2.75 = 95

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Armish & Roo, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Yesterday

Morning all! Looks like a bit of a bounce this AM from the lower numbers yesterday.

Something woke me up in the middle of the night last night, so I decided to test and it was a green, hooray! I'm thinking I don't really have the time for TR, but maybe I can lower my dose drop number to 75 or something instead of 90 with SLGS so he can spend a bit more time in the nice blues and greens.

Hope everyone has a great hump day :bighug:

2. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat! I did reduce my reduction point as well, but I haven't even had a chance to test it yet ;)

I will say that you should make sure you are confident about Roo's reaction to insulin doses in lower numbers before you make the decision to lower his reduction point. Maybe change your title to a question so that you can get some more experienced members opinions on it :) In the long run though with SLGS I do feel that is the natural way to go :)

Have a great day Armish :)

Armish & Roo likes this.
  3. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Thanks Amanda, that makes sense!

The reason I'm considering lowering the reduction point is because he's on such a low dose, and yesterday when i tested at +6.5 he was at 92 and he a couple tbsp of food at +6 which indicates he could have conceivably have been lower than 90 last night, meaning a potential reduction back to 0.25U even though he seemed quite safe.

I don't really know much about this yet so would definitely love some insight from more experienced members - maybe I'm crazy and overthinking it lol :joyful:

AmandaE likes this.
  4. AmandaE

Not at all! I do think that if you want a strong remission lowering the reduction point makes sense. The great thing is that you have a lot of experienced members who can peer review your proposal for a lower reduction point, you should pose the question so at least you can get some feedback on whether or not it's too early... if you can lower the reduction point sooner then why not?

Armish & Roo likes this.
  5. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Agreed! Specially since it didn't seem that 0.25U was a great dose for him.

6. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Blue for a PMPS - with how active he's been lately, he might go below 90 tonight which would make this question about lowering the reduction point more pertinent. Does anyone have thoughts? I'll update at +2 to let y'all know if its looking like an active cycle.

7. AmandaE

8. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

hmm that's interesting, looks like she advises that it's too soon to lower the reduction point. What factors lead you to decide to lower?

He's at 115 at +2 so looks like we're probably going to go in to the greens tonight.

AmandaE likes this.
  9. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

He's 95 at +2.75, looks like we're like going to get below the 90 threshold tonight. Going to leave some food in the feeder and set an alarm to wake up around nadir time to check the BG and confirm that we're dropping the dose back down to 0.25U tomorrow morning.

10. AmandaE

I had a few failed reductions which is what lead me to realize 90 was too high for a reduction point for Mowgli.

11. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

That makes sense. I’ve only had one attempted reduction so far so I’m going to keep on chugging according to the sticky protocol and then reassess down the line. Really appreciate your help talking this through!