07/18 Sunshine AMPS 380 PMPS 333

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PumpkinsMom, Jul 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PumpkinsMom

PumpkinsMom Member

Sorry for the late post.

So last night I upped Sunny's dose to 0.75u and had high hopes of having a nice low number to start Lev tonight. However, she dropped very quickly on 0.75u and was rising very early which gave her a 380 this morning. Honestly, I was expecting a much worse number.

Due to extreme (and rare) busy-ness today, I didn't test her as much as I would have liked.
    She didn't eat a single thing today except for some pieces of FDC and FD shrimp.

We started with 0.5u Lev tonight.

2. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

We gotta get her eating. Not eating well makes me nervous she's gonna start swinging like a pendulum from diving and bouncing.

Do you think it's an appetite or preference problem?

Mel and The Fur Gang

3. matya13

matya13 Member

Sunny is easily stressed out and tends to shut down (including not eating) at those times. Could be that something (dogs?) spooked her into being stressed again. FDC is what I usually use to help her get eating again, but maybe some low-sodium, onion- and garlic-free chicken broth might work? I've never tried it with her, but her love of chicken makes me think it might work. Or maybe just some regular canned chicken?

4. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

She loves chicken? What about a raw chicken diet? Wasn't Jibbet on Rad Cat could we try her on some of his leftovers?

Mel and The Fur Gang

5. matya13

matya13 Member

It's weird - when I first started with the raw, she gobbled it down, but at some point, she decided she didn't like it and now ignores it. But I could try putting it in front of her to see what she does - but that would have to wait till I get home. Jenna lives quite some distance from me, so it wouldn't be easy for her to get any of the raw that's at my house.

6. PumpkinsMom

PumpkinsMom Member

Overnight Sunny ate a whole can of FF Cod, Sole and Shrimp. We'll see how long she likes this for. She liked the Salmon and Shrimp FF so I bought a bunch of that and then after a couple of days, she was like "meh, no thanks."

I do have TONS of homemade broth and boiled chicken in my freezer. I have a very debilitated, starved dog and I was making chicken for him. After he bloated for the 4th time, we decided to try a different protein source. I can certain defrost come chicken and broth and try adding it to her food.

Other things I have here that I could try are raw rabbit (I need to see if it has Taurine or not, it's for the above-mentioned dog) and Country Pet Lamb and Country Pet Venison/Lamb which does for sure have Taurine.

She has seen the dogs when they walk past her door on the way to my bedroom at night. She doesn't seem scared of them (she doesn't back away from the door or hiss). She met a baby last night and was very nice to him.

7. matya13

matya13 Member

She LOVED the Feline's Pride rabbit they had to start off with. My local store doesn't carry rabbit, except in a frozen chub that has no taurine. If you're willing to share some of that with her, she might eat it.

Glad the other critters aren't upsetting her! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.