07-20 Pretty Girl - AMPS 438 - +5 398 - PMPS 314 - + 351

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JeanW, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeanW

JeanW Member

Pretty Girl clearly not feeling so great this morning. AMPS 438.

After a week at 1/2 unit AM and PM I increased the insulin to 1 unit. But this morning's shot was a partial fur shot :arghh: I know the needle went in and some/most of the insulin did too but I could feel some on my fingers when done.

After the shot her appetite was on fire and she ate quite a bit.

I did not get a mid-cycle test last night . . fell asleep. :blackeye: But I will get one at +5 this morning.

Edited to add links to previous threads -

Re-intro to board - http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/help-needed.198383/

Since then -

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/help-re-food-and-pmps.198525/

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/unsure-how-to-post-in-this-part-of-the-forum.198715/

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/when-looking-for-a-new-vet.198719/

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Bring it on down to the lagoon pretty girl:D

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi There! I think this is my first time posting on your thread. Glad you increased her dose as 1/2 was not doing it for her. Your SS starts at 7/11/18. Do you have any data prior or did you just create the SS recently? If you do have data and could fill into the SS, it would be helpful for dosing and so that you will have the information to be able to start shooting lower numbers.

Please get at least a before you go to bed test in as lots of kitties go lower during the PM cycle.

Some housekeeping: Could link your previous thread to each new thread so that we can see what occurred and follow along better. It will help us to help you when you need dosing advice.

Pretty girl is very indeed a pretty girl. :)

JeanW likes this.
  4. JeanW

JeanW Member

Thank you both. :D

I did not just create the spreadsheet but don't have any recent data prior to 7/11. Prior to that Pretty Girl was at the animal hospital and then in medical boarding for about 3 weeks while was out of town and then ill. After that she was home for about 10 days (6/30 to 7/10) and I was following what the vet told me to do (and not keeping the sheet) until I realized once again that it was a mistake. Hopefully I have learned the lesson now. :banghead:

Data from earlier this year is now at the bottom of the sheet.

I will get a test in before going to bed. Sometimes I set an alarm and get up which I don't mind doing. Last night I simply fell asleep. She usually goes lower during the night.

Thanks for your sweet comment about Pretty Girl. She is just as sweet as she is pretty - truly a great cat. I simply have to get this right ASAP.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  5. Bobbie And Bubba

Jean, it is a lot to learn and I am still learning. Just by being here shows how much you love your girl. You are doing great! Keep posting and keep asking questions as that is how we all learned. We help one other all along the way! :):bighug:

JeanW and Carol in Chicago like this.
  6. JeanW

JeanW Member

Thank you! :bighug:

This afternoon I picked up the food 2 hours before test/food/shoot and her PMPS was 314. She seems pretty good - certainly better than last night. Gave one unit again tonight and will test mid-cycle before going to bed.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  7. JeanW

JeanW Member

@Bobbie And Bubba, thank you. I edited my post at the top of this thread to link to previous threads.

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Keep on keeping on, Jean, you are doing great!!

9. JeanW

JeanW Member

Thanks for the encouragement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.