? 07/21 Chloe AMPS 250 +3 218 +6 164 +12 80 + 13.5 107 No shot

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Randi & Max (GA), Jul 21, 2019.

1. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Drama

Good morning.
    Well no surprise her numbers are higher today. Between dropping to 24 Friday night, then with no shot yesterday morning and dropping to 37 I just could not give her a shot last night. I was a physical and emotional wreck and just needed to get some sleep, regroup and refresh.
    And on top of it all the board was down for many hours yesterday during my crisis. Thank god for facebook group and Chris by my side. So forever grateful.

I reduced her dose to .25 and see where that takes us. She is way too sensitive to the carbs I tried using to bring her numbers up and was throwing it up. I will stick to corn syrup or honey if and when there is a next time.

@nslade001 thanks for the great advice about the syringes. I am using Eli medical that I got from the vet. I never liked the BD when I was shooting Max. I used to use the monoject with Max and liked those a lot. I got them in the states so maybe I should look for them here. What do you suggest is good. I don't mind using a caliper (I guess) although have no idea how to and what kind to buy. If you could steer me in right direction I would be grateful. I am in Canada though and shooting low dose.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  2. nslade001

nslade001 Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm in Canada too (currently NS but moving to On in September), and BD is all I've been able to find in any pharmacy, which is why I now use calipers. Here's some info on dosing with calipers. I got mine (mastercraft) from crappy tire on sale for under $20. As well as for consistent dosing, they're great for small amounts; I've often "nudged" Willow to better numbers when we're in the lower greens by increasing by 0.1U because I knew a 0.25U increase would be too much. I think when cats drop lower towards remission, doses often decrease from 0.25 U to 0.1U to a drop.... And I know some don't use calipers, but I wouldn't try it without them....It gives me *some* illusion of control in this dance lol. And I've seen how much difference as little as 0.1 U can make in Willow's numbers.

I don't have experience with other syringes, though, sorry I can't help you there.

You're doing great with Chloe!!
    With love, Nikki

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice shooting this morning Randi!!

How about a nice, gentle cycle today Chloe?? It's Sunday....it's supposed to be a day of rest!!

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  4. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

Chris is great :bighug:

Randi & Max (GA) likes this.
  5. Randi & Max (GA)

Thanks Chris. Yes a day of rest. Ran to 3 pet stores looking for a good food for her. I think for her stomach and ibd I need to stick with the novel proteins and not the ff. Watching all the ingredients and keeping in mind her kidneys too.
    She is flat for now, which I am not surprised. Has not eaten much today and her legs seem a little wobbly. Hope she will eat some more later

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  6. Randi & Max (GA)

Oh wow Marje is the caliper guru. I am friends with her, MJ as well. Gracie Max and Donovan were all on the board together back in the day. I will certainly look into it. I remember with Max when I was microdosing I would count drops. Do you use a light table and magnifier??

Where in Ontario you headed to. I have 1 daughter in Ottawa, another in Kingston.

nslade001 likes this.
  7. nslade001

Yes I use a light like this from Walmart (lamp section) it was under $15, and a magnifying visor with light (though I rarely use the light on it) similar to this from Amazon, around $20 ish. download.jpg shopping.jpg
    Headed to Prescott, parents and sister there; around 45-60 mins from my brother in kanata outside Ottawa.

With love, nikki

8. Randi & Max (GA)

That is very cool stuff you have. Amazing brilliant using that sign. Great advice. Thanks Nikki. I pass Prescott on the way to Kingston. Don;t know how easy it will be for me to go now unless I bring Chloe along for the ride. I am tied to the house now.

9. nslade001

Thanks, all ideas I got from here :) I thought my eyes were (ummm...Okay?!) Until I got that visor....Now I seriously don't know how I managed without it.
    Re tied to the house...Yep. But as I get to know Willow's responses, I'm more comfortable leaving the house at certain points....And she's a great excuse to leave get- togethers early lol! Gotta poke the cat!

With love, nikki

10. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Today's insulin dose is lower and not dramatic. According to your spreadsheet, tomorrow will be a prednisolone dose of 0.2ml. You may want to test more to see how the new 0.25 Lantus dose stacks up against it. I'm hoping some IBD people will chime in.

11. Randi & Max (GA)

Today I gave her the .2 pred. So I had a feeling between the pred and the lower dose her numbers wouldn’t be great. I took a little break for the 2 of us today. Tomorrow will get more tests in.

12. Randi & Max (GA)

This is what happens when you take a break and figure your cat will be high.
    She did not have insulin for 24 hours over the weekend due to the drops.
    Shot her at .25 this morning and her numbers were not great so I let her and I relax this afternoon and did not test past +6.
    I will not feed and test in 15 minutes? see if this was a bad test? don;t think I am shooting an 80 even though it is only .25.
    Anyone with thoughts and eyes?

13. Randi & Max (GA)

Could not shoot tonight. Stalled and tested and didn't feed. If variance is about 20% then she really was not on a real rise in my opinion and these numbers relatively similar
    I erred on the side of caution and safety for her and did not give her anything. I contemplated a drop and if it was during the day maybe I would have tried. But I have work tomorrow, need some sleep and just too worried about another possible hypo like she did yesterday morning with no insulin on board
    She also does not have a lot of food in her during the day as much as I tried.

14. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry no one got back to you in time. If you are at work all day tomorrow and are concerned, please post for dosing advise in the morning.

15. Randi & Max (GA)

Thanks. No one at all. Oh well. It is what it is. I stalled the best I could , just got too late to really mess up a schedule which would be hard for me to recover from.She had such a nice nap time this afternoon sleeping on my lap. Was really surprised she was low. I will probably work from home and see what goes on with her.
    Thanks for pooping by.

16. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

When in doubt, skipping is the right thing to do....it's possible with that 24 and 37 that Chloe is ultra-sensitive to insulin now.

Better too high for a day than too low for a moment!