07/22 Boomer AMPS 133 +3 95 +6 126 PMPS 175 +3 140

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Jul 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 133 shooting .5u
    Hopefully he's done his wee bounce and I'll see some green today :D

Boomer ate well last night leaving about half of his +6.

Allen ate very well last night (I like this trend, he gets about 1.5 cans of food overnight and is always CPC). He had a poop late yesterday afternoon so there were no further lb deposits last night.

It's raining yet again here. I've already had to postpone 2 photo sessions from this weekend because of rain and unless it clears up quickly and the sun comes out to dry out the ground it looks like today's late afternoon session will be postponed as well. :mad:

Amy&TrixieCat likes this.
  2. Judy and Boomer

Since we were fasting Allen yesterday, we took his BG (after 5.5 hours fasting) and it was only 20! So far the new med isn't helping it at all (even though we doubled it a week ago) although it's certainly making him hungry! He has no hypo symptoms....Dr Larry told me that since the BG drop happens so slowly and his body is used to the lower numbers he won't show any symptoms. I've seen him do some head-shaking previously but nothing recently.

We're going to take his BG sometime today when he's been eating normally; hopefully his non-fasting BG is higher! Will send Dr Larry a message about it tomorrow.

3. Judy and Boomer

+3 95
    And we redid Allen's BG when he's eating normally. 32

4. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Wow...that is crazy to see those numbers for Allen.

Looking beautiful in green Boomer! :D

I am sorry about the rain. We had record setting rainfall yesterday. We got over 5 inches and it is supposed to rain again today. My sidewalk and deck were completely under water and it had reached the house. If it rained just a bit more, I would have had flooding. I hope you can get your sessions rescheduled.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  5. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

How did you find Allen was running low with his BG? That's very interesting.

6. Judy and Boomer

Allen has a tumour on his pancreas called an insulinoma. It dumps insulin into his system causing the low BG numbers so we monitor although we don't monitor closely (like Boomer) because, according to our vet Dr Larry, the changes are so gradual and he is used to the low numbers so it doesn't cause hypo-type reactions.

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  7. Judy and Boomer

8. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 175 shooting .5u

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to see some green for Boomer today. I hope you can figure out a way to get Allen's BG up.

10. Judy and Boomer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.