07/22 Mowgli AMPS 326 PMPS 250 Questions on Calipers

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AmandaE, Jul 22, 2019.

1. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

07/21 Condo

Mowgli had a cute little reduction today! I hope this will complete his curve flattening process and hopefully we will see somewhat of a decrease in morning bounces.

Historically 0.75u hasn’t been enough for Mowgli... if this dose doesn’t work out this time I’m going to try a 1/8u increase to 0.88 using MY NEW CALIPERS!!

@Ti-Mousse! I’m ready for you to pass the conversion sheet to me! I want to try and give Mowgli’s PM dose with the calipers :)

Hope everyone has had a great weekend and is ready to get back to the ol’ grind :D

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new dose and the calipers. Once you get used to them you'll love them.

AmandaE likes this.
  3. AmandaE

Thanks Carla! I was bragging earlier this month about my amazing eyesight, but I think even I might need to grab some craft glasses :p

What do you use for being able to see with them?

4. carfurby (GA)

I hold it under a lamp. I did buy a magnifying headlamp from Amazon, but I don't use it all of the time.

AmandaE likes this.
  5. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

I do hope the reduction works for Mowgli. Safe surfly Mowgli and have a great day Amanda! :cool::D

AmandaE likes this.
  6. AmandaE

Thanks Debra! I hope you have a great day too!! Fingers crossed that Mowgli runs with it :)

7. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Congrats on both the reduction AND the calipers! I found they gave me more confidence. Hope you like them.

AmandaE likes this.
  8. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

good going -- I may need more magnification to use calipers, than my current stack of two 3x reading glasses ...
    hoping your reduction works well

9. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

Could you post a photo of the caliper and the syringe, and how you use them together? It's very obscure to me! Thank you <3

10. AmandaE

I hope I like them too! I definitely think they will be needed for the 1/8 unit dose changes I am planning :p

11. AmandaE

Thanks Candy! I hope this reduction takes too! let me know how trying calipers goes for you too :D

CandyH & Catcat likes this.
  12. AmandaE

13. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Hoping Mowgs can clear this bounce quick for you! I'm having trouble seeing the tiny dose of 0.1U with the calipers, so I think I might consider either getting some magnifiers or changing to a different syringe. If I do end up upping back to 0.25U I think it would be a lot more successful trying to line it up.

The cold brew machine at work is out, so I'm stuck with boring coffee maker coffee :blackeye::coffee: Have a great day Amanda!

AmandaE and CandyH & Catcat like this.
  14. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

15. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Good luck! I don't use calipers but I do use a craft magnifying lamp so I can see the insulin better for dosing & its extremely helpful!

Dandelion and AmandaE like this.
  16. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Good luck with new dose

AmandaE likes this.
  17. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I couldn't manage without calipers at all...the lines on the syringes are completely unreliable...and the smaller the dose, the more you need the accuracy of calipers :) SO glad you like them Amanda!

AmandaE likes this.
  18. AmandaE

Why doesnt everyone understand our caffeine requirements!! I will send you my caffeine IV to borrow ;)

Thanks for the wishes for Mowg to clear his bounce! he's bouncing daily on 1u, I hope he will chill on 0.75u

Armish & Roo and Sue and Luci like this.
  19. AmandaE

Can't wait until i get the total hang of them :)

Sue and Luci likes this.
  20. AmandaE

I will try to make today amazing! I am starting by trying to be MEGA productive at work :)

JoyBee&Ravan, Tomlin and Sue and Luci like this.
  21. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Wishing you NO BOUNCING with the new dose :cat:!! Hope your Monday continues to be super productive!

Sue and Luci and AmandaE like this.
  22. AmandaE

Ok! So I went to use the calipers tonight and I chickened out because:

A. I think these calipers might be too big to use the inside of the lower calipers,
    B. outside edges of the upper calipers are just overlapped for the dosage I need.
    C. I was unsure where exactly to line up the calipers on the syringe... is it just below the plastic lip where the syringe transitions from needle area to the reservoir?
    D. I was unsure if I should measure the current dose I am giving Mowgli to see if it is closer to 1u or 0.75u

I have read the info article on this.. I use the Canadian BD ultra fine. Tips or advice welcome :)

Armish & Roo likes this.
  23. carfurby (GA)

I measure from where the plunger goes all the way down into the syringe.

ETA: I ignore the zero line.

24. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

A. B. With our type of syringes, we have to use the outside edges of the small arms to measure the dose.
    C. Upper arm lined up with the plastic ring around the top of the syringes ; I ignore the zero line, like Carla!
    D. The point is to have consistent dosages from now on.

I PM you SS this morning!

If you're not sure, let me know I'll take a picture of one of my dosed syringe!
    In a couple of days, you'll be showing everybody how to use them! :p

AmandaE likes this.
  25. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

J.J. and Phoebe Squeak Well-Known Member

It would be great if you could post a photo of your syringe/caliper set up, if you don't mind. Please tag me if you do. I have been using calipers but I think using the small arms would be better and I'm not sure how to do that. Thanks!

AmandaE likes this.
  26. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

We were using the lower (closer to the needle) end of the zero line on the US BD ultra fines when we were fine dosing.

AmandaE likes this.
  27. AmandaE

I might need this! The smaller calipers are overlapped so I found it kind of confusing!! I’ll post a pic when I create my condo today :)

CandyH & Catcat likes this.