07/26 Mowgli AMPS 348 PMPS 261 +1 254 +2 166

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AmandaE, Jul 26, 2019.

1. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

07/25 Condo

Morning all! TGIF!! :smuggrin:

Mowgli has been having a nice early nadir lately which is kind of interesting. Based on his PMPS I do have a feeling that there is a little overlap happening. I’m going to try to intervene a little less tonight with MC if I see the same pattern. LC only. As long as it’s safe of course :)

Hope everyone has a great day!!

OT: my BF and I hung some hammock swings on our front deck and I’m LOVING how it looks!! You can’t see him but Mowgli is sitting in the left window payne crying to get outside :p
    EBB03185-1393-4FDF-84B6-473FD17D510D.jpeg

2. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

It gives such a great look and it must be fun!:) So much nicer than the usual balcony chairs!
    OK Mowgli you got Greens last night, how about some more today !!!
    Friday, last day before the weekend!!

AmandaE likes this.
  3. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Oh I love those swings! And of course Mowgli wants to come out to swing, you're having all the fun without him!

AmandaE likes this.
  4. AmandaE

I'm so happy with them!!

Yes Mowgli!! listen to Lyane!! we want a weekend chock full of greens

and to the cat food Gods that be: PLEASE let fancy feast go on sale for 10 for $5 at Pet Valu this weekend :p

5. AmandaE

He ALWAYS wants outside... he is a relentless crier and begger :p

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

great look for your porch -- our hammocks are on the back balcony but don't get much use --

hope to see you down at the beach, those night cycles can be a mystery, good luck solving them

7. AmandaE

Thanks Candy! I am a total fan of the vibe of my front porch now... it was so depressing before,... but now I'm going to be into having a nice little read and glass of wine out there :D

The night cycles ARE such a mystery!! Im really looking forward to Mowgli's weekend curves this weekend. I'm curious to get an idea of how his days have been going :)

8. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

How cozy! My immediate thought was, "where is the cat in this picture?" ;)

9. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

it seems that the action takes place somewhere between PS and +2.
    (Ducia does it too.)What you may want to try is to pin point the action time - is it +0.5 or +1?
    The PM side of the SS looks as if he has very early onset.
    If you catch when it happens and intervene before the drop occurs by +2 you could (in theory at least) slow it down.
    Like 7/24 PM cycle: If I read it correctly PMPS 247 -> ate whole can of Friskies (was it whole 5.5 oz? or smaller?) -> lower number by +1 of 227. One would expect higher number from such large volume (eta)of food. When I have it like that I took no or negative food bump as an early warning. Did you feed anything at all at +1 BG 227? If yes and the next +3 BG was lower yet 203 then you did interfere with right food and it's timing. Very smooth handling, and I think it is possible that Mowgley had nice blue number later on this cycle.
    Ducia is in very similar situation with those early drops.

PS. Lovely house!

10. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Awww...I wanna swing too :)
    It looks great!

Nice greens for Mowgli last night, hope there is more to come.

Have a wonderful weekend!

11. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Love the swings! Looks so comfortable & fun! ( does Mowgli go outside?)
    upload_2019-7-26_11-13-42.jpeg

AmandaE likes this.
  12. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Wow Mowgs chill with the bouncing and settle down! It's interesting that he dips so early in the PM - definitely something to explore. I'm still confused as to how Roo reacts to food, just have to get more data I suppose.

Have a great day Amanda :)

13. AmandaE

Right! I wish I could let Mowgli outside without him becoming an annoying nuisance... he ruined it for himself!

14. AmandaE

Yes I agree... he has typically had movement around +2 but never this strong of movement... his nadir used to hover around +4-+6 but now it seems more like +3-+5... this is new that is why I was wondering if maybe he was having a longer duration causing an overlap which exaggerates his onset. Each time with the seemingly drastic onset I intervene with MC which could be slowing his natural cycle so I feel I can't be sure if it is his true nadir or a low caused by overlap. I ask myself if I would have left it would he have been able to surf a little longer? or could he potentially plummet? If it is his new nadir then I definitely agree with your strategy to find out his true onset... I will start trying to grab some +0.5's and +1.5's. Thanks for the advice, I am going to definitely try this strategy over the next few days :)

RE 7/24 PM: I actually free feed Mowgli, so that note just signals the amount he has for his entire cycle - with the exception of some interventions, They are the 5.5oz cans though. When I note an intervention LC would have been fed from his free standing food and MC/HC are additional. That is a good tip about zero to negative food bump... it makes total sense... I will start using this as another indicator for an aggressive onset :). This evening I didnt make an effort to intervene, I will always put a note in if I am coaxing him to eat... so on that night it was just his normal eating patterns that would have gave that reaction.

You have given me a lot of food for thought here... I've taken quite a bit away from your post, thanks so much :D Sometimes it just helps to have someone else pop in to have a peak. Since you've said you have noticed similar patterns in Ducia before I am going to puruse through her spreadsheet to see how you react in those situations.

#learning ;)

Thanks so much! we just got it last year so we are slowly but surely turning it into a home. It's been a really fun process :)

15. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Hopefully this weekend you can get some additional night time test to see what is going on with Mowgli. He does make things interesting.

AmandaE and CandyH & Catcat like this.
  16. AmandaE

No unfortunately he is his own worst enemy there, I would love to take him outside but he has to be leashed because we dont have a fully closed in yard... this boy can escape anything!! he also is SO annoying when we start letting him outside... he begs and begs to be let out... it's a sin.

JoyBee&Ravan and Sue and Luci like this.
  17. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

sounds like you need a catio ...

Sue and Luci and AmandaE like this.
  18. AmandaE

@Tracey&Jones (GA) gave me a link to a business that crafts personalized catios... It wont be happening this year but maybe in the future... the thing is... the summer only lasts like 3 months where I live... is the catio worth it? these are the decisions i need to make :p

19. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

LOVE your new hammock seats! How adorable! I'd be a tad worried though - every time I sat down whether or not the chain would hold - just me I guess...you're not that far from the floor, but when you're young it's okay to land on your bum...not for us old fogies :p Your home is lovely too!! Congrats on getting a new place! So much fun to decorate and do things over time :)

AmandaE likes this.
  20. AmandaE

HAAAA!! well the bolts are rated for 1000lbs and the swing for 256lbs so I think you would be ok :D they also are only just a foot off the ground (35cm)

I will say... last night when I sat in one of the swings to test the ropes stretched right out and we had to adjust the chains up so that I wasnt sitting right on the ground :p

21. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

LOL! That would be me - sitting near the floor - stretched ropes and all...what a fun time it is to try to get up...NOT. :rolleyes:

AmandaE likes this.
  22. AmandaE

HAHAHAHA that is fair!! if you came over I would find you a nice and suitable comfy chair! One that was at a reasonable height to get out of :D

Sue and Luci likes this.
  23. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

My response....yes!!!! As soon as it is warming up in the spring...the cats want out. So we open it up in April and we will have it open till mid-end of October. The only reason we really close it during the winter is that there gets to be a draft of cold air that you don't want that when it is 30 below.

AmandaE likes this.
  24. AmandaE

Just have to work on ol’ Rossy boy!