07/31 Sunshine PMPS 416 - worst number in 16 days!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PumpkinsMom, Jul 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PumpkinsMom

PumpkinsMom Member

Started off great this morning. I tested her at 0730 which is my preferred shot time, 109. Then I had to take the dog I found to the SPCA to be neutered. Got back at 0915 and she was 123. So I was like, "yay, keep up the good work." Then I went to a doctor's appointment and got back at 1230 and she was 260. I was pretty bummed. So then I was like, well let me put her in front of her food and see if her pancreas would like to be "oh, hey, food input, must get to work." But no. Because at 1330, she was 300. :? :sad:

So I'm thinking about giving insulin (at shot time) where it's just on the bottom of the zero line which is about 2 drops. Agree?

2. MommaOfMuse

MommaOfMuse Well-Known Member

Re: 07/31 Sunshine

Agree!!! God she's so close. Come on Sunnybear.

Mel and The Fur Gang

3. PumpkinsMom

PumpkinsMom Member

Should I give 0.25 tonight for the first shot or do you think the 2 drops will be able to bring her down?

4. atajev

atajev Member

Since she was dipping so low so consistently on the .25 I'd be really hesitant to go back to that amount. I think either protocol is pretty clear about not returning to doses that put your cat into the 30's and 40's.

A drop dose (I couldn't even see it on the edge of the needle unless I was really, really looking) worked well for Mona for a long time and it was definitely actually changing her BG. I'm not qualified to tell you what the exact dose you should use is, but I do feel confident voting for .01u or less for several cycles rather than .25.

5. MommaOfMuse

Since it was only one skipped shot if she's still up tonight at pmps I'd go with the 2 drops since you won't have to refill much of a shed and I'm worried she'll tank on you again overnight. If she'd just give up the MC food and find a LC she'd like that girl would be OTJ.

Mel and The Fur Gang

6. matya13

matya13 Member

Of course, I really know nothing...but is it possible that the 416 is just a bounce? She rarely got up that high with me. Actually, I should say that when she was getting that high, we were thinking it was a bounce.

Silly Sunnyshine!

7. PumpkinsMom

PumpkinsMom Member

No, she was steadily climbing all day from no insulin. If you can get her back on the Weruva or some other LC canned food, she'd probably be off insulin in no time.

8. PumpkinsMom

PumpkinsMom Member

137 at +6!

9. MommaOfMuse

She dropped like that on 2 drops? Happy Dance!! Hmmm I'm wondering since she likes the Sheba MC cuts if she'd like their pates? If we could just find a LC food she'd eat reliably she'd be off the juice in a blink.

Mel and The Fur Gang

10. matya13

matya13 Member

I have Sheba pates I can try her with once she gets back to me. Willing to do anything to help get her OTJ!

11. MommaOfMuse

I'm trying to remember what the heck I used to convert Cassanova as he was my pita about eating a decent diet because he was a hardcore dry and gravy addict. I know I went HC wet, to MC to high end LC then finally got him on the menu everyone else is on. I'm thinking it was the Whiska Purrfectly Pouches series, but not sure. That was either him or my civie Amon Ra. One I got off that way and one was FF kitten pate and the chunky FF LC flavors.

Mel and The Fur Gang

12. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

Hang in there you will find the right food just got to keep trying :lol: Hugs and tons of healing green light to your beautiful ((((Sunshine))) love the name. :coffee: Kath

13. LindaMS

LindaMS Well-Known Member

my favourite go to to get them to eat a new food is to garnish it with either the freeze dried chicken breast, crushed, or some grated parmasean cheese. Works every time.

The new kitten was transitioned from dry to FF wet in less than a week. I just offered her some dry just to see, she looked at me like I was nuts and walked away. Going to go donate that dry back to the SPCA

14. Geneva

Geneva Member

PumpkinsMom - I have one dry food hold out amongst my 9 cats (Molly), but one thing she does love are the new Fancy Feast "Broths". She'll eat a whole pouch of that. I'm hoping to use that to help transition her over. She loves broth and gravy, but will leave most of the actual food behind. The FF Broth is expensive IMHO ($1 a pouch) but as a short term tool, I'm hoping it will help do the trick.

Keep up the good work with Sunshine! I just know your efforts will pay off soon! :thumbup

15. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

My last stray that I adopted is a dry food kitty and no matter what I try he just walks back to the door and waits while everyone else eats a little can ....I just don`t know what to try with him .Jessie is one stubborn boy hope he never has to give up his dry...... :-x :? confused_cat :oops: Hugs Kath some cats make some rules and some cats rule!!!!! :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.