08/07 Furball +10=252 AMPS=297 +10.5=213 PMPS=249

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carfurby (GA), Aug 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

2. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

3. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Wow Carla, the flee situation sounds like a nightmare. :banghead: Just what you don't need on top of everything else. I really hope you can get rid of them soon. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Head towards the lagoon Furball!

5. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope Furball drops for you soon............and get rid of those fleas, I'm sure you'll get it sorted out!

6. carfurby (GA)

Does anyone have the SEB recipe? MC's mouth is still bothering her and she is still not eating normally. I thought it might help her mouth feel better. Thanks.

7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about the fleas. From my understanding Advantage is not effective anymore. I think the Advantage 2 is though. Fleas are tough to deal with. I automatically go for the house foggers. I am not going to play around spending money on all sorts of stuff trying and in the meantime they are multiplying. Had a bad infestation once (thank you mom), and won't go through it again. The monthly spot treatment keeps them gone. I put piece of flea collar in every vacuum bag (one reason I use bagged vacuums, no bagless for me). I fog once a year usually in the fall so me and cats can sit on the deck for the 2 1/2 hours it takes. The only thing is that the Asian beetles come out late in the fall and we have to put up with them until it snows.

8. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Have you ever tried comfortus, it’s a pill, it’s seems to work really well for my kitties

9. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Carla, I give Elmo’s to him by syringe because that’s the only way he’ll take it . I dissolve 1/8 teaspoon in small amount of water, stir til little thickened then syringe . Elmo gets it twice a day every day . Sending prayers and hugs :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. carfurby (GA)

No. Does it help with flea eggs? Thanks.

11. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Hi Carla, I was just thinking, maybe rather than tagging Marje, could you send her a PM about the BW? I seem to recall seeing she has a lot of things happening due to the loss of her mother, I think a PM would be a good idea, she will likely see that before a tag. ;)

Hope Furball starts working that increase soon :cat:

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  12. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

https://www.comfortis.com/

13. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry about the fleas. Not a situation I face being in the dry cold weather. For anemia - it really depends on the reason for it. For Jones the B12 shots and folate (1mg) is what was prescribed to help him. But his is due to chronic disease more than a situation thing like fleas.

14. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Vines for a flea-free home and for MC to be as happy and purry as Furball.

15. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Carla, I use the same proportions for SEB as Beth except water I use George's Aloe Vera Juice, but water is perfectly fine. You might find that MC will eat the mixture in the food ; both my guys do with no problem.

16. carfurby (GA)

Thanks everyone. MC is eating a lot better this evening so I am going to hold off on the SEB. I think I will still give her the B12 though.

I talked to the vet and she said the high WBC could be from inflammation and stress. She wasn't worried about it. She believes the anemia is from the fleas and wants me to bring MC back for more bloodwork in a month to see if it has gotten better. Hopefully by then I'll have the fleas under control. It is frustrating because the Zodiac flea spray I am using says it will kill the eggs and lasts up to 7 months.

17. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

I think I have asked this before... but I had a decent amount of success with Revolution. Have you tried that? I know its on the upper price range, but as far as drops go, it works.

18. carfurby (GA)

Years ago I tried Revolution and wasn't impressed with it. I can't give anything else for a month right now because I just gave the Advantage. Thanks for suggesting it.

CassAndGordy(GA) likes this.
  19. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

I have used Adams Flea and tick dip. I mix 1 tablespoon with 1 gallon of water and use a pump sprayer (fine mist). I remove cats from area I spray until it is dry but really, it is dip so they are supposed to get it on them. Lol. I have actually used it as it should (as a dip) many, many times (pre-Gizmo). The roommate and I had two dogs and 4 cats between us so we always did preventative baths and dips for all of them, usually once a week.

It was the only thing I felt safe enough to use with Missy sure to her kidney deficiency.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  20. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

If you are using George’s, you must use an equal amount of water to dilute the aloe Vera juice.

Carla...I’m glad you PMd me as @Christie & Maverick suggested.

Yes, MC is anemic and it’s most likely regenerative meaning her bone marrow can make red blood cells, it just can’t keep up right now. Treating the fleas will help but she’s very close to 20% on her hematocrit and below that, she will need a transfusion. Here is additional info on anemia caused by fleas.

Her white blood counts are high and there can be a variety of reasons for that so I’d rely on my vet to discuss that because it can vary from inflammation/infection to more serious issues. I bet it’s the former but I’d just ask.

The rest of her labs look fine. Sending many vines...I hope you can get the fleas quickly under control but keep an eye on her HCT. The vet ought to be able to take a small amount of blood like you would from Furball and spin it out and get the HCT. She wouldn’t need a regular blood draw...which you don’t want to do when she’s anemic.

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  21. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Hope you are doing ok Marje :bighug:. I think Carla is likely fast asleep, but she had also asked if B12 shots might be useful? I didn't think it would hurt, Tanya's CRF site has a separate section on B vitamins, but I only know of its use with CRF kitties, not dealing with anemia due to blood loss (fleas).

22. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Yes, I do add water always to the food after I add the SEB/ AVJ mixture . I forgot to say that part :oops:

23. Marje and Gracie

To correctly use the AVJ, you need to add water to it, not the food. The AVJ must be diluted. You can add the SEB to the water/AVJ but please be sure and dilute the AVJ. Just grabbing some coffee and I’ll post the link on it in a bit but I’ll do it on Bubba’s condo so I don’t hijack this one.

24. Marje and Gracie

Thank you, Christie. My mom just turned 90 early May and we had a big birthday celebration before Mike and I went to Scotland for the rest of the month. She was doing great. Two weeks after I returned, she had a pulmonary embolism out of nowhere. Thankfully, they got her revived and I got back to TX fast altho she never regained consciousness. We were very close and I miss her so much. I am grateful to have had her this long but....she was so strong I was sure she’d make 100.

I provided Carla info on B vitamins on today’s condo. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.