08/09 Boomer AMPS 103 +2 110 +3 81 +6 90 PMPS 121 +2.5 104

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 103 shooting .5u

Boomer ate most of his overnight fuds leaving about half of his +6 and a bit of his +9.

Allen ate very well last night, left us a gift in the lb and left us 4 other very small gifts on the floor and one of them was very soft. He also had a small puke. Yesterday we fasted him for 4 hours, gave him the alendronate, fasted for another 1.5 hours, then took his BG. The meter read "low" meaning it was under 20. I decided to not fast him for the remaining 30 minutes but to feed. And I sent Dr Larry a message. We had increased the dexamethesone to 1ml a week ago and as per Dr Larry that's the max dose he can have. It obviously is not helping raise his BG. It does make him hungry though and he has gained weight since starting it about 5 weeks ago so I hesitate to remove it from his regime entirely but I feel we might as well go back to .25 because it was doing just as much good at .25 as it is at 1ml. DH and I will take Allen's BG this afternoon (when eating normally) and then will discuss further with Dr Larry. I should mention here that Allen is acting normally...there are no signs of a hypo, not even the head shaking that I have previously seen when his BG was low.

Today I have a 3 year old coming to the studio for a "baking" session. This is taking place in front of a backdrop, not in my kitchen. Her mom is bringing a small cake and when the girl is done "making" the cake she will be able to enjoy a slice of it lol. Should be interesting. I will be carefully covering my electronics which are at the edge of my studio set up.

2. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start to the day! Good luck with your baking session, lol!!

3. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good report. Baking session sounds like fun!

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Boomer is doing well. I hope you can find a way to keep Allen's BG higher. The session sounds interesting.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  6. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Is Allen at a good weight now with the weight gain?

Have fun "baking!"

7. Judy and Boomer

+2 110 and +3 81
    Photo session is over. She didn't make as much of a mess as I thought she might but she was much better behaved than last time she was here (Christmas) and was happy "making her cookies".

8. Judy and Boomer

He still weighs quite a bit less than he did before he got sick. But he's at 10.8 lbs; at one time he was at 8.4 lbs

9. Judy and Boomer

10. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Allen, you sure are a mystery! Could you bring your BG up just a tad please?

Looking good Boomer! :D

11. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 121 shooting .5u

12. Judy and Boomer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.