08/11 Boomer AMPS 180 +3 142 +6 88 PMPS 110 +3 112, photo

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 180 shooting 3.25u

Boomer ate ok last night but got me up around 5:15; I stirred his food and he started eating then appeared back at the bedroom doorway crying again. After a couple of cries he jumped up onto the bed and laid down beside me.

Today on the agenda....well stuff I wanted to get done yesterday but I opted for a nap yesterday instead:rolleyes:.

Yesterday when I was at Saunders Pond and standing on the deck, a Red-Tailed Hawk tried to capture one of the baby Wood Ducks that were swimming alongside the deck. It missed and landed on the railing about 6 feet from where I was standing. So here is a shot of the Red-Tailed Hawk!

Attached Files:

2. Judy and Boomer

3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

You leave those baby ducks alone Mr Hawk.

Very nice Boomer.

4. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

I really admire your photograpy and was wondering last night if you take cat pictures:cat:
    I love hawks. Give Boomer a kiss!

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  5. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

Love your photos!

6. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

The hawk is magnificent! Too bad he has to prey on the ducks....but oh nature...she has a method to the madness. I saw a hawk take out a rose-breasted grossbeak one day - broke my heart - as the poor bird had crashed into my doorwall, obviously trying to escape and what do I do? I went out and picked it up - it seemed a little stunned, but otherwise ok - so I put it back on the bird feeder - it was obviously still too stunned to fly into the shrubbery - and that hawk swooped down and took it...ohhhhh noooooo...what have I done??? I felt so bad :(

Hope your days is going well..

I think I'm going to have a nap now myself...you and everyone else on this forum seems to have gotten naps yesterday...I'm overdue :)

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice blues for Boomer today. Great picture.

8. Judy and Boomer

9. Judy and Boomer

Thank you! Do you mean cats other than Boomer lol? I have a couple of times but usually when people want pets photographed its dogs:rolleyes:

10. Judy and Boomer

Thank you!

11. Judy and Boomer

Yeah it is what it is and they have to eat too but I so love the baby ducks and bunnies! The mole I saw it catch the day before...I had no problem with that lol.

A couple of summers ago I happened to go out my back door and there was a kerfuffle....wings flapping etc, just around the edge of the house. And then I saw a male cardinal fly and a Cooper's Hawk fly the other direction. I think the hawk had a hold of the cardinal right against the house and I happened to come out just at the right time and startled the hawk enough that the cardinal was able to get away.

12. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Ok, that's hilarious to me (other than Boomer!!!)
    Side note, I just downloaded 600 pics off my phone, and 90 percent are animals. Many people might be appalled at my apparent lack of human interest. I can't say they are all of Tina (only about 75 since I take pics of other people's animals too through pet sitting). And dogs can be a little easier to set up than cats! I'm slowly retiring from pet sitting though. The dogs cause too many early mornings and late nights. Cats rule.

13. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 110 shooting 3.25u

14. Judy and Boomer