08/22/18 Squallie AMPS 113, +6/99

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Squalliesmom, Aug 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Squallie has had a pretty good day today. His meds are definitely giving him diarrhea, will be calling vet in the AM to see what we can do about it. I'm thinking maybe stop the cisapride? I already stopped the Miralax.

His BG is still higher than it was before, so I think I'm going to go to 1U again and see how that goes. I know it's from eating the Dr. Elsey's dry food, but right now that's the only thing I can reliably count on him to eat.

He doesn't seem sick, he doesn't seem uncomfortable or in pain, he's just Squallie. I pray he's just Squallie for a long time to come!❤️

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

So do we, Lucy, so do we! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  3. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Lou! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Squalliesmom

I have to tell this story on myself because it's just too stupid/funny.

I'm sitting cross-legged on my bed with the laptop in front of me, papers and test results from the various vets spread out around me, along with samples of all types of different foods that I hope will tempt Squallie to eat and, because my diet lately has been crap, I have a round, cardboard container of Planter's cashews within arm's reach, too. I am busily poring over all my information and data, focused on what's in front of me, as I reach for a handful of cashews. As I pull my hand from the bag and start to raise it to my mouth, something clicks......bag??? I was getting ready to put a handful of dry cat food into my mouth, lol! That would have been a very crunchy surprise! :rolleyes::p:facepalm:

5. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

:joyful: :eek: :woot:.....Lucy , I can just see you now :D I’ve come very close to licking the spoon I used to dish out kitty food more times than I care to admit :woot: Sending extra “ Just Squallie” Prayers his way . If anyone can prove this wrong it’s the two of you ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️....

6. Beth 73

And have you tried SEB for diarrhea? Is that an option ?

Squalliesmom likes this.
  7. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Beth! :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    I haven't tried it because I can't mix it in his food and I am afraid to syringe it, or anything, for that matter.
    Don't lick any spoons, lol! :bighug:

Beth 73 likes this.
  8. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so happy that Squallie is feeling better
    I wonder what Dr. Elsey's would have tasted iike? I too have almost licked cat food spoons

Squalliesmom and Beth 73 like this.
  9. Beth 73

Lucy, do you think he might lick SEB off your finger ??? Or put a little on his lips ??? I know , I know , I’m really reaching here :woot: I just detest diarrhea :nailbiting: Will he eat baby food meat ? Prayers for diarrhea to cease !!!:mad:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  10. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

I join you in that prayer! Keep on truckin', Deputy Squallie!

I occasionally tasted Rusty's fuds. I wanted to see what they taste like! One hears stories of cat-food patè being served to guests at cocktail parties. :p

Hugs and scritches,

Squalliesmom likes this.
  11. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Squallie is doing pretty good. I hope you can get the diarrhea to clear up. Sending prayers.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  12. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Erms.

You are able to sit cross-legged on your bed !?

Squalliesmom and Beth 73 like this.
  13. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Well I guess I won't be eating at any dinner partys. I use butter knife to dish out food, dh is always leaving them on counter. Can't tell you how many times I pick up the knife to use it for myself.

Sonia & Leo and Squalliesmom like this.
  14. Squalliesmom

All the time, lol, my favorite way to sit, anywhere! :)

Beth 73 likes this.
  15. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Me too.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  16. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Glad to hear Squallie is being Squallie! Prayers for that to continue.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  17. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m laughing and picturing the look on your face. I was expecting to read that Squallie grabbed a cashew, lol. :bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  18. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Me too. Glad to hear he is doing better. Are you giving any probiotics? (for the diarrhea?) You can put the kibble in a zip lock and add the proboitics and shake it around to coat. It isn't ideal but it will get some into him. The PB with Saccharomyces Boulardii is the one you want for diarrhea. This is the one I have JIC here.

Many, many hugs :bighug::bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  19. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I'm impressed with the sitting crossed legged on the bed...I'm way too old for sitting crossed legged ... ah, I remember when :) Hope Squallie gets to feeling better soon...oh that darn diarrhea :( Sending vines and hugs to you both!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  20. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I’m glad Squallies doing better. I think, if he needs a supplement for constipation, in the future, i’d opt for miralax over cisapride. It seems I read, on this site maybe from Marje, that cisapride had some potential side effect but I can’t remember what:confused:

@Bobbie And Bubba has a recipe to make SEB and AVJ into a pill ball you pop in their mouth. Maybe that’s an option.

Vines to you both:bighug:

21. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

So glad he is feeling better:bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  22. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I love sitting with crossed legs as well.

Special vines just for Squallie "to be Squallie".

Squalliesmom likes this.
  23. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Glad to hear Squallie is doing well!

For diarrhea, the Saccharomyces Boulardii is the best and they can be given at the same time as an AB which is why I like them. The one Lizzie posted is a lot cheaper than getting the Florastor brand ( you can get at CVS) but, the good think thing about Florastor is that it can be added to the food without any flavor so the kitties do not detect it in the food.

The Jarrow adds MOS which makes it bitter and you would have to pill him.

The SEB/AVJ balls is 1/4 tsp of SEB mixed with 1/2 AVJ . Let it set up and then roll it into a ball. Put on the roof of his mouth. Good luck with that .......Bubba almost bite me.

24. Squalliesmom

What is AJV? I have s.boulardii here, it's almost tasteless, got nothing added. I don't have to worry about Squallie biting me, he's got no teeth, lol!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  25. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Aloe Vera Juice and you need the Geroge’s 100% fractionally distilled one.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  26. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Aloe Vera Juice. You want to use George's brand as it is fractionally distilled and has all bitter things removed and it is tasteless.

Duh, on the toothless! :oops:

Squalliesmom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.