08/23 Grandpa in new territory. Hopeful but scary. AMPS 228, +4 108

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Beck and Philly, Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Hi all. We've had a few rough days here. Grandpa hasn't been very interested in his food, and he has been less engaged than usual. This followed several days of very high numbers and one night of gorging himself on wet food and Dr. Elseys.

Last night I honestly thought I might have been saying goodbye. He felt rail thin to me, and he vomited at 1 AM. What he threw up was very thick and rope-like... only maybe 3 inches long. After that he jumped on the bed and curled up against me and laid very still for a long time. I just stroked his fur and talked to him, thinking he might be gone when I woke. He then jumped back down and laid on the floor by my bed. He looked so frail

He woke me up at his normal 5:30 asking for breakfast. He ate about 1/2 to 3/4 of a can of Halo and tested at 228. He was bright eyed and following us around. Just now he ate another 1/2 can of Halo without any topper. I tested him, and he is at 108!

So, Grandpa is once again taking me into new territory with lower numbers, a seemingly normal but not ravenous appetite, etc. I don't know if these numbers are an anomaly or if we're finally making a breakthrough, but I plan to test often. Any thoughts are welcome!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    Squalliesmom likes this.
  2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I wonder if Grandpa feels better after throwing up that thing at 1 AM. That could have contributed to him not eating well for a few days.

I would grab another test at +5 to see if the number keeps dropping. :cool:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  3. Beck and Philly

Beck and Philly Well-Known Member

Darn. He just vomited. I couldn't find him afterwards. This is a tiny house. Bless his heart, when I called him he came into the kitchen.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Loving Grandpa, hope this is indeed new territory and he got rid of the ick in his belly. Maybe combination of food and fur, and it had to be returned from whence it came?

Squalliesmom and Beck and Philly like this.
  5. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

6. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Still have a steady stream of vines [mixed metaphor] flowing toward your home.

Beck and Philly likes this.
  7. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

It is pretty exciting but scary when they first hit those lower numbers! I hope it is the start of a new trend for Grandpa. I hope his tummy gets settled down soon!

Beck and Philly likes this.
  8. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Praying for Grandpa and you, Beck:bighug: Hopefully the SEB will help settle his tummy ❤️

9. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

10. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Prayers and vines for Grandpa to feel better and keep those lower numbers coming! (((Hugs))) :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.