09/04 Cameron AMPS 166, +2 242, +5 233

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Leah, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Leah

Leah Member

Cameron was really low this morning! I wasn't totally sure if i should shoot or delay, but in the end i decided to shoot. When he was on Vetsulin, he did this a few times and i learned i could shoot at lower numbers. Since that's such a quick insulin (meaning the usual dose of lantus shouldn't affect him as much) and he's a great eater and I'm home all day to monitor, i chanced it.

With the first week of Lantus almost over, do you think i should do a curve tomorrow? If today is just a low number blip and he returns to his usual yellow, looking at his data do you think I'll be moving to 1u Thursday?

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats on shooting that lower than expected number.

Day 7 tomorrow, so yes, do a curve and I would say you are not seeing generally seeing nadir's below 150, so an increase would be warranted.

Leah likes this.
  3. Leah

Leah Member

Thanks! Just did a +2 and he's at 242. I'm so glad I trusted my gut and his SS history!

I'll get a +5 or +6 number today, and do a curve tomorrow, but yeah i think we're heading for 1u. Honestly, I'm looking forward to it because 1u seems easier to draw than .75 lol