09/06/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=99, +3=135, +5=116

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Sep 6, 2018.

1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

09/05

AMPS=110 (nice :cool:)

One of the things I am going to do today is get his labs updated in his lab tab. I hate doing that. I don't know why, I just do - but it needs to be done. I also need to order YA. My kitchen sink needs a good scrub and I will probably mop the kitchen floor too.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. :bighug:

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Gizmo. I hope you get a blue/green surf today.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice start Gizmo!

4. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Also pencil in sitting with your feet up for a bit today , Lizzie :bighug: Be good to you on your time off ❤️

5. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Updating the lab tab takes forever! I feel your pain, lol.
    Great start to the day :)

6. LizzieInTexas

Ok, got the labs tab up to date and cleaned up a bit. Going to tag @Marje and Gracie (and send PM) to take a look at the latest (08/25) and history.

Marje, overall I am pretty happy with them. I have increased his ALOH but also the new food is a bit higher in phos so - it is what it is.. I am not sure exactly how much ALOH is too much. He is getting ~3/4 teaspoon per day (appx 140 grams of wet food total) split between two cycles and 3 feedings/cycle.

I was making progress on the potassium but then it started making him sick and not eat (again). I will continue to try and sneak it in when ever I can but I just can't find one that I can get into him consistently.

One thing is the low magnesium - any concerns there?

I am almost positive that both Cole Vet and BluePearl use the same outside lab.

He is currently on
    Amlodipine 0.625mg daily
    ALOH 3/8 teaspoon/cycle (appx 70 grams wet food/cycle)
    Canna (x-strength) 1/3 capsule/cycle
    Epogen 15-20U/week
    B12 injection (Cyanocobalamin) 25U/week
    B12 & B-complex supplements in each cycle
    Cerenia, Ondan, Mirtz and pain meds as needed.

Weight is maintaining 11.5-12#'s

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  7. LizzieInTexas

What a strange cycle - number wise. o_O

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

What a great cycle! He came smoothly down. You know me, Lizzie, that 150 was a 120 with meter variance and then it makes perfect sense.

He's in the Lagoon!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Beth 73 and LizzieInTexas like this.
  9. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=99

History:
    AMPS=110, +2=118, +4=150, +6=133, +8=95, +11=109

Beth 73 and CassAndGordy(GA) like this.
  10. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

His labs look pretty stable. Yes, his P would be better if it was 4.5 or 5. What AlOH are you using so I can see if the dose is right?

Calcium still is on the border so good to watch it. HCT is awesome. Potassium is at 4 and that’s an improvement and a fine number. You just don’t want it lower.

Magnesium is a mineral like potassium and if it’s low, it can have some of the same side effects as low potassium but I don’t know at what point the symptoms start or that it should be supplemented. I can’t remember ever seeing low Mg in cst labs. Leave it to Gizmo :p I do know that low potassium and low magnesium can go hand in hand if you treat the low potassium, the magnesium will sometimes increase but if it doesn’t, supplementing magnesium should be considered...but, again, I don’t know how low should trigger supplementation. Metabolic acidosis “can” cause low magnesium. It’s interesting, tho, that when his potassium has been low before, the Mg was not except in March and it did come up as you supplemented potassium.

Lymphocytes...likely low due to his age; while it’s not known whether that occurs in cats, it does occur in older people.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  11. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Nice cycle Gizmo!

12. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Crikey . A sea of blues and greens. :D