09/07/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=163, +3=172, +4.5=154

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Sep 7, 2018.

1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

09/06

AMPS=155

For those that are working this week - TGIF!! :D

For me... :(

Happy Friday :bighug:

Jill & Jade likes this.
  2. LizzieInTexas

@Marje and Gracie Thank you so much for looking at his labs. I so, so much appreciate it.

This is the ALOH
    https://www.thrivingpets.com/index.php/aluminum-hydroxide-powder-usp-200-gram-jar.html
    I know, right? :rolleyes::rolleyes: - this has been the response by more than one vet also :joyful::joyful: - He is sooo special that he can't have "normal" issues :p

Both the regular vet and the IM reviewed the labs and nothing was said about the low mag - I wait and see on the next BW which I am planning for the end of November (3 months).

Thank you again :bighug::bighug::bighug:

ETA - I did ask the IM about testing for Feline Hemoplasma (mycoplasma) - he said that cats with it will not respond to ESA's (??). We had discussed this previously (you had said you had a friend that had a cat that had it).

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice start there Gizmo, I don’t know a thing about labs, but sending :bighug:hope he feels better

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  4. LizzieInTexas

Thank you. He does seem better.

Jill & Jade and Bronx's dad (GA) like this.
  5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Good Morning Lizzie! He sure had a nice run in the greens yesterday, a nice flat surf. Hope he can make it back into the greens today.

6. LizzieInTexas

Thanks. I think overall I am happy with these numbers. If I was home to monitor all the time I might push it a little but for now... they are ok. Since work is looking to get rid of me that issue may resolve itself :(:nailbiting:.

7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I hope your wrong about the job.

8. LizzieInTexas

Don't think I am. Been there 22 years and had at least 8 different managers. Never had a bad "review" - suddenly I have had two? Really? I don't play the stupid politics and brown nose games. I see everything and have said a couple of things about how some "things" seem unethical AND I am the only female left in the the department - in all of IT Ops actually. I think the writing is on the wall.

9. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I know that feeling well. The last job I had in NJ had layoffs every quarter. They would lay off about 20+ people through out the country. Each time I hoped I was one of them. My severance package was sooooo awesome. And we already had this house which was paid for and waiting for us to move in. I was so ready to be unemployed. But my turn never seemed to come. I hope your severance package is awesome.

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Oh Lizzie, that must be a terrible feeling to go to work and have to watch your back all the time. I too do not play the brown nose game in the work arena either. I was know as the "Norma Rae" in the office. Whenever the other employees wanted something more or needed to have their complaints heard, they came to me to be the mouthpiece. I am lucky that I didn't get canned. Guess it was because the patients loved me.

What is your plan B if your suspicions are correct?

11. LizzieInTexas

Honesty I have no idea. I have always landed on my feet and have no doubt I will should anything happens. My biggest concern is medical insursnce. I will take a pay cut but have to have decent medical. I am over being emotional about it. The new "boss" is high on power and an arrogant SOB and can do no wrong in upper managements eyes. I think he is just setting me up to be the fall guy when SHTF (and it is going to, I see It coming).

12. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Lizzie, sending prayers that what is best for you is how it goes. You may be dodging a huge bullet if let go . That place sounds messed up . :bighug:

13. LizzieInTexas

Not sure but if they fire me I don't think I will get one. And I think that is their goal, to get rid of me without costing them.

Sad part is, it didn't use to be.

14. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

That AlOH is the one I used and so I know the dosing really well and 3/4 tsp of that a day is quite a bit of AlOH. Normally, for a P level under 6, you’d used 14 mg/lb of cat but with him, I’d use the higher dose of 27 mg/lb and at his last weight of 11.43 lbs, that would be about 300 mg of P or 1/4 tsp but that is on the more conservative dosing range. It’s interesting that’s his only really high P level was at Just Cats. At any rate, what you are giving him is working to at least hold him steady and he is well under 70 when multiplying Ca x P so great job!

I wouldn’t get too concerned about the Mg for where it is now and it does look a bit like his is tied to his K levels.

The ESAs won’t work if Mycoplasma is the secondary cause of feline hemolytic anemia but there can be different secondary causes. In the case of my friend’s cat, the cause, which is more uncommon, is actually an immune mediated response.

I am so very sorry about your job and hope it doesn’t come to that. It’s always CYA on companies like that. Boy I wish I could insert my Apple emoticon that has tape over the emoticons mouth with expletives obviously being said.

You are really doing a great job with him, Lizzie. You deserve a huge reward for yourself!

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

15. LizzieInTexas

Thanks. I just increased the amount recently do to the new food.

I didn't question it at the time. I didn't (don't) know enough. Since his anemia is doing well on the epogen maintenance I figured everything was ok. I really feel there IS something we are missing with all the weird anomalies with him but alas, none can be found.

:bighug::kiss: That means a lot to me coming from you. I really so appriciate all that you do for us all here and especially for what you do for Gizmo and I.

I was busy reading and looked up to him staring at me. Apparently I wasn't paying enough attention to him :D

download_20180907_114112.jpg

16. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Gizmo is gorgeous !!!

17. Bobbie And Bubba

LOVE this picture!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA : He could be Bubba's brother, except for their color but all the markings are the same, white bib and feet. AHHHHHH :cat:

18. LizzieInTexas

:D

He has always been a camera ham.

Check out the new avatar :rolleyes: :joyful::joyful:

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  19. Bobbie And Bubba

I know what you mean about the medical. After I "retired" to take care of my mom, that was the worse part was having no medical. I am lucky that I am very healthy and I didn't have any for over a year. We have some now, and in 2 more years I will have medicare which will help.

I have no doubts that you will land squarely on your feet if you need to be hitting the employment highway. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way! :bighug:

20. Bobbie And Bubba

OMG!! Texan Gizmo! YeHa!

LizzieInTexas and Beth 73 like this.
  21. LizzieInTexas

I have to go through a large box of old photos. Way back my best friend and I found a tiny kitten asleep in the middle of a culdesac in the freezing rain. We brought him home, warmed him up, bathed him, and ended up co-owning him. She ended up with physical custody when she moved (mutual agreement). We named him Vincent (after Beauty and The Beast fame). Bubba reminds me so much of him.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  22. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=163

History:
    AMPS=155, +3=157, +5=126, +7=124, +11=148

23. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Love the picture and the new avatar. I'm glad Gizmo is feeling better. Sorry about your work situation. Sending prayers something works out for you. :bighug::bighug:

24. LizzieInTexas

Thanks Carla. :bighug:

25. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Absolutely love the picture and new avatar pic!!!

26. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Gizmo is gorgeous! As fellow Texans Scooter and I love the new avatar!

27. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

That’s the best way to think of it....he’s responding to the epogen :)

I really appreciate your comments:bighug: and man oh man is he one handsome boy! I love that picture!