09/18/2019 Mowgli AMPS 290

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AmandaE, Sep 18, 2019.

1. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

09/17/2019

Sometimes, all of the sudden, do you have a period of time where you are really brutal at drawing the right dose? I’m having one of those days today :facepalm:

Mowgli is doing well today just his normal self, he HD a bit of a blue surf last night so I hope he makes it safely to the lagoon today.

Nyx has developed a limp in her right front paw over the past week and a half, I thought it was in my head but sometimes it’s really pronounced. Her paw /leg doesn’t seem to be in pain when I inspect it and she doesn’t have it all the time. Im wondering if maybe it is falling asleep when she’s laying on it or if she strained a muscle or something. Any ideas?

Hope everyone has a great day :)

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice blues last night. I hope you see more soon. Poor Nyx. It sounds like she could be sleeping on it wrong. :bighug:

AmandaE likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

How old is Nyx? Arthritis???

What's going on with 'drawing the dose'? Are you using your calipers to measure? Having problems with air bubbles?

AmandaE likes this.
  4. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Does it seem painful when you touch it? Has he lost hair on the lump? Is the skin the same color?
    Hope you find the problem for Nyx!!
    Now Mowgli, we're waiting for more Greens! Have a beautiful day, Amanda!

AmandaE likes this.
  5. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

I hope the limp is nothing. Nyx may have hurt the leg jumping or landing wrong. If not better, x-rays can help.
    Hope Mowgli comes down for you today.
    Try and enjoy your day Amanda!:bighug:

AmandaE likes this.
  6. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

quit channeling my mistake from last night !!!! you can do it right, I know you can and do

AmandaE likes this.
  7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Did you check the naiks, maybe one is just a bit to long.

AmandaE likes this.
  8. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

I hope that is what it is, especially since it doesn't seem to bother her all the time
    I was glad to see those blues last night too! I hope he surfed a little bit longer!

She's 8, I hope it isn't arthritis! for now I don't think it is because sometimes she seems fine? how would arthritis be diagnosed?
    For Drawing its that when I draw a dose I over draw a bit so I have room to expel air bubbles and adjust to my calipered dose. Lately, I keep over expelling and having to redraw! so annoying!! I think it is partially the syringes I use (BD ultrafine) I think that they are poorly made, there just might not be enough lubricant in them or something... still, it's frustrating!

It doesn't seem painful when I touch it, she doesn't withdraw, or hiss or react, No hair has been lost, I didn't think to check skin color but I definitely will! Thanks for the tip!
    I hope we see more greens too!! It looks like I might see another increase coming this weekend, but maybe not :)
    Have a great day Lyane :)

Jumping or landing wrong was another theory I had for Nyx too,... I hope it clears soon too, it's hard to get in to my vet especially since I work away from town during their open hours.
    Thanks for the lower BG wishes for Mowg!

Hope you have a great day too :)

We will get it together some day right!?

Good Idea! I didn't think to, I will do that tonight, thanks Paula :)

Sue and Luci likes this.
  9. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

of course we will -- but it would help if these crazy sugarcats would let us sleep and quit driving us crazy

AmandaE likes this.
  10. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Hope u figure out the limp sending prayers

AmandaE likes this.
  11. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

J.J. and Phoebe Squeak Well-Known Member

I understand! Sometimes I end up starting over several times with the insulin because I pushed too much out by accident. I hope Nyx feels better soon and Mowgli comes down to green for you. Hang in there!

AmandaE and CandyH & Catcat like this.