09/21 Boomer AMPS 155 +3 104 +6 119 PMPS 175 +2.5 47 +3 58 +4 68 +5 70

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 155 shooting 1.25u

Well, the only experiment I tried with Boomer's food last night was to switch his +6 and +9 foods and try to pile the +9 a bit higher so he didn't have to stick his face far into the dish. It didn't work. He didn't wake me but DH got up around that time to use the washroom and noticed that Boomer hadn't eaten anything, so he scooped the food out onto a plate for him. I discovered yesterday that Boomer's old auto feeder isn't working any more and DH and I agree that if I allow Boomer to free-feed overnight he'll likely gobble everything up at +2.5 and then still wake us up later. So I may go to Pet Smart today to see what other feeder options they have.

Allen ate very well last night and left a good-sized present in the lb.

It's supposed to be miserable here today; rain, storms, high winds. UGH. So it will be an indoor project/chore day. And I really need to get some editing done; I'm running out of photos to post!

Today's photo is of a Yellow-Rumped Warbler taken at Saunders Pond (my usual hangout) a few days ago.

Attached Files:

Shoeskitty-GA likes this.
  2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I just replaced my feeder. I got another of the 2 compartment ones. Since 99% of the time one of us is home, I use it only overnight and the rare days neither one of us is. Never needed anything over 2 meals. I have finger bowls that fit well in it so the face area is open. I also cut 2 pieces from food cases to fit as a table inside it so bowls were not to deep or wobble. I cover the cardboard with wax paper to keep it clean..

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    Judy and Boomer likes this.
  3. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Good luck with the continued autofeeder experiments! Blech on that weather!!

4. Judy and Boomer

@Olive & Paula which 2-feeder one do you have?

5. Olive & Paula

Petsafe 2 meal. I've used with Smokey and now Olive. You can only set it in 2 hr increments, again it was all I needed. At night I set one for 2 or 4 hrs depending when I go to bed and the other I always set at 11:30 for the +8.5 (using 4 hr setting)

https://www.petsmart.com/cat/bowls-...matic-2-meal-pet-feeder-6192.html?cgid=200104

Keep in mind you can't set exact times so it can open give or take 15-30 minutes difference. If battery is starting to slow then feeder opens late. I use rechargeable battery and replace monthly the day she get her flea med. I learned the hard way feeder not opening when Smokey cliff dived. Didn't dawn on me to change battery routinely.

6. Judy and Boomer

7. Judy and Boomer

Yes, that's the same one I have. I'm lucky if I can get it to open within 30 minutes of the desired time; its usually somewhere between 30 minutes and 2 hours lol. And I still don't like that it will be open to him until we pick it up so the AMPS may be food influenced. I do like that I can put an ice pack in it.

I tried ramekins in the pet safe 5 but he didn't like those and it didn't raise the food up at all it just made the opening smaller. I'll do some experimenting today to see if I can come up with something.

8. Olive & Paula

Mine has never opened that late, unless it's the battery. But changing it every month stopped that. I took out the plastic bowls and made cardboard insert to raise bowls up but still let our close. As far as picking it up, I don't. If I happen to get up and its time I will pick it up. Lately she hasn't been eating the +9. I though maybe she forgot where it is, I moved it to her normal eating spot but it was still untouched. I have caught civvie eating it, which I don't mind because then he doesn't wake me. The only time I get uninterrupted sleep is PM +8-10, maybe to +11 if I'm lucky. So I'm not gonna worry over it. I do pick up the day cycle meal though.

9. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

I'm having the same weather in Chicago. Windy, & Rainy. Yesterday the temp was 93 today 73 . :woot:

Have a nice day in Spite of the Weather :)

10. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Paula, would you please take a picture of your DIY adjustments to the 2 compartment feeder and post it? I would like to see that. We also use the 2 compartment feeder, and did a DIY thing, but it's not perfect and I would be willing to try something else.

11. Judy and Boomer

Right now it's sunny and I was able to get out for a walk this morning. It's quite hot and humid with the nastiness expected by 4:00.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  12. Olive & Paula

So here are pics start to finish. Only need cardboard I used the empty food cases, was paper, optional, food bowls which are stainless steel has rubber ring around bottom, in petsmart I think in dog food section. The second pic is just filled cardboard to make it the right height. I cover with wax paper just to keep it clean so I don't have to cut new ones all the time. IMG_20180921_125445.jpg IMG_20180921_125508.jpg IMG_20180921_125541.jpg IMG_20180921_125518.jpg IMG_20180921_125637.jpg IMG_20180921_125751.jpg

13. Judy and Boomer

oh ok....Boomer will eat out of the pet safe 2 dishes fine, the dishes are shallow and he doesn't mind them. But my pet safe 2 isn't working :( Trying to find an option for the pet safe 5 because those dishes are deep. To be honest, I think he's just wanting to wake me up instead of digging to the bottom of it.

14. Judy and Boomer

15. Olive & Paula

Since Olive gets the acne I removed the plastic dishes.

@Marje and Gracie found ceramic bowls that fit the petsafe 5. I don't know where she got them or which ones they are.

16. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you can find an autofeeder that works. Great picture.

17. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Thank you so much, this gives me much to go on. Idjit just can't seem to manage square corners and when he eats, backs the food up right into the corners. Our DIY is marginally more effective than just having wasted food in the corners. I have the CatMate brand, but it's essentially the same idea. I just haven't yet found bowls that would fit in. It's on my list. TY again very much.

18. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice numbers today :bighug:

19. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 175 shooting 1.25u

20. Judy and Boomer

+2.5 47 !!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek: fed a tsp of higher carb ff and his regular food
    +3 58
    +4 68
    +5 70 feeding now and going to bed