1/1/10 Bumperic AMPS 261 +6 153 +8 135 PMPS 115

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Heather & Seasaidh (GA), Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heather & Seasaidh (GA)

Heather & Seasaidh (GA) Member

I don't know what's up with these numbers but they are so much better than where he usually is at. Hopefully it's not just an effect of the Blue Moon, or New Years Day for that matter. No PM shot yet. I will test him again in a little bit and see what his bg is doing.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... aQ0E&hl=en

Sorry for the link; I don't know how to make it work in this board.

2. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Bumperic is getting some really nice numbers on this dose. :) Please test in 30 minutes to see if this has turned upward. The goal is to shoot low to stay low, if we can get some juice in him soon then maybe he'll learn to surf instead of going straight back up to pink.

3. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Looking good today. Is Shaun still learning the sugar dance?

Your link works fine, Heather. If you wanted to disguise it, try this, but take out the space before url:
    [ url=http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AgPNoAXBr5dkdGlQUktSN0VabTlmRjZCcHBuQjVaQ0E&hl=en"%20target="_blank"]Bumperic's Numbers[/url]

I think the problem may be that you may be posting the copy you edit, whereas you need to publish a read-only copy to the public from the googledocs web site. Instead of ccc, there should be a "pub" reference in your link. There's some help in the Tech forum on how to do that.

4. Heather & Seasaidh (GA)

Re: 1/1/10 Bumperic AMPS 261 +6 153 +8 135 PMPS 115 New PMPS 144

Thank you Libby and Nina. I'm just not used to shooting at lower numbers. Bumperic was 144 at +13 so I gave him 2u.

Shaun is still learning the sugar dance, but we're afraid that he might be diabetic too. He hasn't been feeling all that great and he went to the doctor and was told he was borderline diabetic. This weekend he'll do some more learning :). I have to do a curve for the vet, prolly do that Sun. It's going to be so awesome having Shaun know how to do this stuff too (although I wish his bg was better).

5. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Hi Heather! Bumperic is looking quite the dapper kitty with those nice blues today!
    FYI...your 115 number shouldn't be your pmps, it should be your +12, then your PMPS should be 144. Good job tho, good job!

6. Heather & Seasaidh (GA)

Re: 1/1/10 Bumperic PMPS 144 +3 319

Thank you, Deb, Nina, and Libby! Three hours after his shot (an hour later than supposed to) he is 319. How I wish I didn't wait the hour. Was going to wait a little longer actually, but when I saw Libby's post it had been over half an hour anyway and decided to test him and to go ahead with the PMPS of 144 and 2u.

I appreciate the advice and help so much! Lantus is so different from Humulin U, which Shess (GA) was on. It seems that the more I stick to a fixed 12-hr schedule (and not go off track like tonight) the more he gets better numbers. Thank you again!

7. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

[quote="Three hours after his shot (an hour later than supposed to) he is 319. How I wish I didn't wait the hour. [/quote]
    In conjunction with the later shot, maybe some bounce in here from the lower numbers he's not yet used to.

8. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

it's really hard to wrap your mind around that, especially when you're used to another insulin, but it's really true that Lantus works best on a 12/12 schedule and when shot low. Not TOOOO low, of course, until you have some data to back it up. :)

You did good, this is the way we all learn. Next time you'll be able to look at your spreadsheet and use today to help you decide whether the next lower preshot is shootable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.