1/1 Bear Man amps 202/bloodwork results

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Linda and Bear Man, Jan 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=629

Happy New Year to everyone from Bear Man, Teddy, Emily, and Pinkerton.

Bear's bloodwork results came back last night. The high Tapapzole dose affected his kidney values and his CBC. His RBC and hemoglobin are below the reference range, and his urea and creatinine have increased. The vet says to not give Tapazole for 36 hours, and then resume at 5 mg BID.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

((Linda and Bear Man))

Can those values n CBC and kidneys come down without Tap on board for a bit? I'm not familiar with blood work lingo but I hope so! Sending good thoughts for Bear Man.

3. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Happy New Year, Linda. Sorry to see the mistake has affected your beautiful boy, I hope he gets back on track quickly. Your vet sounds great, and I think it was only right that they not charge you for the blood draw. I hope there was no permanent damage.

Scritches to everyone.

4. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Hi Linda. I am not at all familiar with the blood work lingo either, so I really can't comment on this. I am hoping that all turns out well tho. I'm glad your vet is working with you on this and is taking responsibility.
    Keeping my fingers crossed for Bear Man....and Happy New Year to you and your furries :)

5. JaniceandSpike

JaniceandSpike Well-Known Member

Hope everything works itself out. Happy New Year to you and your gang.

6. Tammy and Blaze

Tammy and Blaze Member

I know you are concerned, and I'm sorry the mistake affected Bear Man too but it seems your vet is willing to make amends. Do you think your vet would do followup bloodwork before you put him back on the med, or soon after?

7. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Linda, glad you had that done & hope it can be cleared..You are such a wonderful momma bean, I'm sure Bear Man will be better soon..
    Wishing you & Bear & all critters of yours, a Healthy New Year-HUGS~!

8. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree with Tammy....another blood workup might be a good thing....
    What do you think?
    Sending healing vines to Bear Man... wishing you well ((hugs))

9. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

(((Bear))) (((Linda))) You did just reduce the tap dose back to normal, so I'd think this are baseline values from which he hopefully improves.

10. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

(((Linda and Bear)))

11. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

How frustrating and worrying for you! I do agree though that your vet seems to be on it and I would not hesitate to ask for another blood test or two on the house. Here's hoping all is back to normal VERY soon.

12. Fleapunk

Fleapunk Member

Geez, Linda! I've been peeking in when I can.....this poor Bear Man.

A pox upon that vet!!

(((((((((Linda&Bear))))))))))

13. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Here's hoping you and Bear Man have a happy, HEALTHY New Year! He's a real fighter and so are you...keep it up! Hugs for you and vines for the Bear. (((((((((((Linda))))))))))) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Bear Man~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

14. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Shadoe and I are wishing Bear so many good thoughts. The err was horrible, but the vet is sounding on top of the issue now. I also think that more bloodwork after the changes should be done to how Bear's doing, and also to see how the changes in meds are reflecting on his numbers and all levels.

It's the start of a brand new year; let's hope it is full of improvement for Bear.

15. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Is it possible that some of the disorientation is due to this RBC/Hg levels? This can effect oxygen binding and saturation. I do hope your vet does all of the follow-up work at no cost. This is a big error on their part. I hope you are holding up since I know I would be a wreck.

16. sharon and sparky

sharon and sparky Member

Sending good vibes to you and Bear.

17. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I also think the vet should do another couple sets of bloodwork at no cost, to see how he's doing.
    I hope he is feeling better and improving real soon.

(((Linda and Bear Man)))

18. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention: His T4 dropped from 57.5 on Dec 10 to 9.3 nmol/L yesterday, (reference range 11.0 - 46.0).

19. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

((((Linda)))) you're on the right track now, you'll get it worked out. Sorry you're having to go through this.

20. Lynee and Max

Lynee and Max Member

((((((Linda)))))) ((((((((Bear Man)))))))) As others have said, I am not familiar at all with the bloodwork lingo but sending snowflakes to the Bear Man for a speedy recovery. Happy New Year guys. Skritches to Bear Man.

21. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

((((Linda))))) ((((Bear Man)))))

You can look at Sasha's labs for reassurance. Her creatinine and BUN increased while hypothyroid too, and have steadily dropped as her thyroid normalized. She also had some downward trending CBC results that stabilized once the thyroid was back in the normal range. I have much faith that the same will happen for Bear.

Sending positive thoughts and vines.

22. WCF and Meowzi

I haz template to share. You want? Or do you already have one? Cassandra has a diff approach, don't know if you've seen Sasha's.

23. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

You haz a template!?!?! :eek: I totally would have used a template had I known it existed! :lol:

24. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

Oh (((Linda))) I just don't know what to say...
    I feel so much better after reading Cassandras comments, but still...
    ((Bear Man)))
    I just hate that this has happened to you guys and as always keeping you in my thoughts!

25. WCF and Meowzi

well, is not exactly my template. i modified the one someone posted on tanya's site :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.