GA 1/1 Sootie & Clan: Godt NytAr!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by HWright, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/sootie-memorial-video.170505/

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...bg64-pmbg87-ga-tonight-sudden-at-home.170300/

Wishing one and all a good Jan 1 with happy appies and good health. Yikes, it really is 2017.

Very cuddly breffis time with Azalea who came out from under the other side of bed. Dancer accompanied me up the stairs this morning, joining with Bella who was already greeting me at the landing. Ah, so bittersweet but so sweet of them to know, remember and begin to take on Sootie's mantle, obviously one of Sootie's many routines that they miss as much as I do.

Spunky is a continuing mix of contradictory emotional and behavioral extremes in progress, though lately the mish mash is akin to her early street cat conquer patterns. ECID re stress coping mechanisms, too. Alas it means that she may never be capable of integrating with other cats particularly female cats (she was quite ok with 24 year old male, Bo and missed him when he went ahead).

Today is a day of Winter's sunlight.

This morning Steve was up and out early (for him) to cheer on the Polar Bears, a loose conglomeration of folks who, decked out in all manner of festive and whimsical attire, run the few miles from the town north of us to plunge into the chilly winter waters of Fishers Island Sound. Some years are warmer...or colder...than others. This year no snow and the sun warms the chill. If it's low tide (waters slightly warmer in that part of the cycle)...I expect the runners will spree in the water like ducks in Spring.

I did a BTB, feeling a cold coming on during the past couple of days. Then made macaroni and cheese, not one of Steve's favorites but is in my realm of comfort fuds. He's funny: if I say it's comfort food and not the way his mother made it, he enjoys it!

Checked in on upstairs kitties and now BTB after a talk and some TLC time with Spunky.

Wishing all joyful vines in health and happiness this new year.

With love from us all,
    Sina

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  2. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Good thoughts for all your kitties and yourselves to adjust. It takes time. I hope that cold goes away soon.
    It's a little hard to say this under the circumstances, but I wish you a Happy New Year. :bighug: to you.

HWright likes this.
  3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Sina, sending you and yours hugs and I could actually feel the emotional climate of your morning routine sans Sootie. Wishing comfort and healing for you and your family, two legged and four and wishing 2017 coming in softly and void of stress.

Take care of yourself and feel better soon.

Hugs :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright likes this.
  4. HWright

Thank you Dyana and Bobbie. And tons of vines all around :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope 2017 brings you and your Tribe comfort and peace. I hope you feel better soon. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright likes this.
  6. HWright

Thank you Carla ❤️❤️ Hoping your day continuing smoooooothly! Vines and hugs galore heading your way from us :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope you soon feel better Sina. Wishing you and your family peace and comfort for 2017.

HWright likes this.
  8. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Feel better Sina:bighug:
    Wishing you a happy and blessed new year:bighug:

HWright likes this.
  9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

A healthy and happy New Year to you, Steve, and the clowder of kitties. We had a sunny but cold day today, as well.

HWright likes this.
  10. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Happy New Year. Brrrrrr on the polar plunge, something not on my bucket list. Feel better.

HWright likes this.
  11. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Happy New Year, dear Sina. Keeping you in my thoughts.

I'm also sending you vines to help keep the cold at bay.

HWright likes this.
  12. Lincolns Mom

Lincolns Mom Well-Known Member

13. HWright

:bighug:
    ❤️❤️Thank you, Suki. Wishing back to you a gentle 2017, too.❤️❤️

❤️❤️ And for you, Jayla. It's been a difficult year for you, too. Lots of vines for 2017 to be gentle for you and all Beans and families in 2017.❤️❤️:bighug:

❤️❤️Sienna, thank you ❤️❤️ Hoping your bringing in of the 2017 was joyful. Sunny but not toooo cold in winter always a plus sort of day. Love the expression "clowder of kittens."! Haven't heard that in a long time! All blessings for 2017 to you and yours too❤️❤️

Brrrr is right. Not on my bucket list either!

Though, in our early teens, my friend Edmee (for whose husband home hospice has just begun) and I went swimming ...not dipping... at midnight on Chinese New Year in our bathing suits. She and I still laugh about for how long we were under the showers with our teeth and bones chattering before we finally thawed out!

Happy New Year, and with all blessing abounding!❤️❤️

Thank you Marje! And you in mine, too. I am so happy that Little Livvie (though not so little as when you had just brought her home) is in your lives and doing well❤️.

Also, though I didn't know you or Gracie before she went ahead, I've wanted to share with you how beautiful your one-year memorial post and video is. And how meaningful and comforting it was for me and I'm sure for all here in LL. At the time, I couldn't bring words to paper to write on your beautiful thread. I hope you don't mind me sharing my appreciation and those thoughts now and here.❤️

Yes, yesterday was a day to submerge in slumber. I continued in deep sleep pretty much throughout the night. I think it's helped! Thank you, Marje and all blessings in the New Year.❤️❤️

❤️❤️❤️Amber, thank you with tons of :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: back at you for you and yours. It's been a difficult year for you too. Bushelsful of happy healing and joyful vines for you in this year and for many many more. ❤️❤️❤️ Sina

14. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Happy New Year Sina!!

Oh, how bittersweet for a sibling to take on Sootie's morning routines. Our furry friends are such compassionate creatures.

I hope this year is filled with happiness and health for you and your family. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright likes this.
  15. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Best wishes for a happy 2017, Sina

HWright likes this.
  16. HWright

Happy New Year and health and happiness for you and yours, too, Amanda. It was a tough 2016 for you
    So bushelsful of vines are on their way to help bring in a better year ❤️❤️❤️

And for you, too, Carol. Thank you for your kindness and gentle support through thick and thin. Crossing paws 2017 will be a happier year for all ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Carol & Murphy (GA) likes this.
  17. Photorecon

Photorecon Well-Known Member

That's a long time in caring of cats from all breeds and ages. It's nice to see all those cats
    in pictures from one period to another. Sadly but inevitably some will go, we all hope
    this will never happen but at one point a room will feel like it's empty. Feel very sorry for
    you. It must be very difficult to cross the border between affection to nothing. Hope
    this emptiness will be filled with nice souvenirs soon. If this departure was for the best
    it's of little reassurance, pain is no fun and cats deserve a good quality of life.
    Wish the other side will be one with plenty of spaces without organs that can fail and
    bring pain.

Long live to Sootie's spirit in the kitty paradise. Hope sadness will leave you soon
    for a good and happy new year.

Sébastien

HWright and Carol & Murphy (GA) like this.
  18. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear (((Sina))), We join with all our friends on the Board in wishing you, Steve, and your Kitty Tribe a good 2017. I know that Sootie and Bo are looking down from the Bridge and helping the other kitties cope with the new "arrangement". May your wonderful memories of Sootie and Bo bring you much joy and comfort in the months ahead.
    I hope your cold didn't materialize. Maybe you need to take the Polar Bear Plunge to scare it away!

Thanks for all your visits to Rusty's condo.

Hugs and scritches,

19. HWright

Sébastien, thank you. We didn't include all the felines before the time Sootie and her sisters...we decided to focus on those in Sootie's world. Otherwise, the memorial would likely be documentary-length spanning thirty years plus some. That being said, all those before have continued to be with us, Sootie and her tribe in heart, spirit and ethos.
    Yes, long live Sootie in spirit and all of our beloveds in spirits.
    Wishing you, Small Kitty and her clan well in this now 2017 and the many years forward.
    Sina

Photorecon likes this.
  20. HWright

Hi Ella and thank you! And thank you for all your visits to Sootie's condos and for you, chef Rusty and Chef Stu (GA) welcoming her into the pleasures and joys of each celebration and anointing her Surprise Dessert Chef Sootie. Very special, much cherished times and memories.

My cold is on the cusp, which is better than being full blown. Probably would have been some benefit to taking a dip into yesterday's wintry, tho low tide, waters. I posted in today's condo Steve's photo of the event. Looked like they needed a greater ratio of dippers to watchers!

Hoping your day warm and cozy with gallant Rusty enjoying his radiator. Hoppy (GA) liked radiators too. And with all best wishes for this new year,
    Sina and Sootie(GA) and her tribe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.