1/10 China AMBG? who knows?? PMBG+3 78 First day OTJ!!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chris & China (GA), Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

OTJ day!!!!

Well, I did it!! Not only did I get to sleep an hour later (kitty stomachs are still on "shot times") but it's the first time in years that I fed without testing!!

This is going to take some time to get used to!

Also had to make an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon....when she asked if I had a preference (I said afternoon) and she offered me 1pm....I said "2 would be better".....then I remembered!! I don't have to test at noon anymore before being able to be gone all afternoon!!....lol

All my appointments revolved around shot and test times for so long...now they don't have to :D:D:D

Hope you're all having a good Wednesday and your kitties are doing great!

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, you didn't test?! :eek:

Rex wasn't on insulin long, but I tested him daily for 5 more months before I was laid up with an injury.

3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

What a strange new world you’re in now, Chris! Enjoy the extra sleep and flexibility! :bighug:

4. Juliet

Juliet Guest

That’s awesome! So what do you do now...test weekly? Monthly? How do you keep them OTJ?

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats on not testing and getting to sleep in. It is strange at first to not test and not have to wonder what the numbers are throughout the day, but you'll get used to it.

6. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Congrats on your new found freedom! :D:cool:

7. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

The Myagi household is so excited for you! And China too - she's gonna love the extra freedom as much as you! Hard fought and well earned! :bighug::bighug:

8. Chris & China (GA)

I'll probably still test at least daily for a little while....it's just not important that I do it before I shoot since I'm not shooting!! There's no reason to test first thing in the morning since I don't need to know if it's "safe" to give insulin

Eventually, I'll lessen how often I test to a few times a week, then weekly...probably for the rest of her life.

If she does start to come out of remission, I want to catch it early!!

9. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

The last time Boomer went OTJ he would jump up on his testing table and look at me like I'd lost my mind when I didn't test! And then....he had the nerve to look like I was neglecting him :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::cat:

10. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Wow! I’m impressed. I don’t think I could have done that. Lol. Good for you.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  11. Juliet

Juliet Guest

That’s a good plan. I got pretty lax with Silver but luckily when he came out of remission we’d just had blood tests three weeks earlier that weee fine so it was caught early.

12. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

This is what I was wondering about. We always say they like routine. If it has been routine for so long, will they think something is wrong if it doesn't happen? I would want to make sure they get extra attention even if in another way. I swear Rosie keeps score - she has a tally in her head of treats and snacks. :rolleyes:

13. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Chris! And thank you--you were one of the first people to help me when I was brand new here and I've seen you helping so many others. :bighug:

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  14. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

When Furball was in remission I kept the same routine for AMPS and PMPS time. I took her to the testing spot and gave her some loving and freeze-dried treats. It was always a special time, so I didn't want to quit doing it. Of course there were a few times I missed the exact time, but for the most part I was home at those times. It's nice to not have to keep a strict schedule.

15. Chris & China (GA)

Since China is fed separately from the civvies, she always has gotten some "special attention" during meals, so the only real difference today is the "not poking" part.

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  16. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

LOL you're a stronger woman than me.:)

We still do ambg, George still wakes me up at shot time for his pokie treat, so it seems rude not to.

Occasionally DH gets up real early and George follows him down in the hope of an early breffs, then I get a lie in:rolleyes:

17. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Wow Chris! You are recovered! It took me a while to stop testing. Good for you sleeping in and dropping the meter!

18. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

:D

This thread made me smile. Such a wonderful accomplishment :bighug: So very, very happy for you both.

19. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Chris, The consensus seem to be that you'll get used to not testing. And so will China. Just think, a whole new routine can be established, with some important ties to the old: treats, extra scritches, play--lots of play, good fuds, etc.

Yo LagoonMeisterin China, Your lagoon routine is important, so don't change a thing! (especially now, since I'm on the beach).
    ~ LagoonMeister Rusty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.