1/10 Hogan PMPS 114, +2 91, +4 89, +5 72

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Hogan, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Hogan

Hogan Member

Last Post

Hogan's been doing pretty well. As he's spending more time in lower numbers, his feistiness is increasing.

So I know with SLGS, I should hold a dose for a week before deciding whether it should be changed, unless he goes below 90. He's been pretty flat in a good way (I think) the last couple of days, but he did have an 88 last night. He also could have gone a tad lower, I wanted to get a +5 or a+6 but didn't wake up until +7.

I know the goal is to keep him in green numbers as long as possible. Since he's right at the threshhold of the 90 reduction point, is it better to reduce now or wait for it to happen again?

Also, I wanted to ask, since I have a different breakpoint for hypoglycemia with the AT2 vs. a human meter (68 vs. 50), are there different breakpoints for the SLGS dose evaluation for the different meters?

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I can't give dosing advice but will say he sure looks great! Such nice numbers so soon :) Fabulous!! :D:D

3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi there and Welcome to L, B, &, L

I think because you are fairly new to this dance, I would give the reduction that he earned. Some people using the SLGS method tweak that reduction point after they have lots of data to know just how their kitty responds to the insulin and understands their patterns.

And the answer to your question is that 90 is the reduction number for following SLGS whether you are using a human meter or pet meter.

4. Hogan

Hogan Member

Thanks for the encouragement! So much to learn! :bookworm: :)

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Hogan

Hogan Member

Thanks! I'll reduce to 1U for the PM shot.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  6. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Looking good Hogan!

7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Nice start Hogan.

8. Hogan

Hogan Member

We went to the vet today, who thought Hogan was doing great. His +6 and +9 were high, but I'm hoping it's just the trauma of the vet visit.

9. Hogan

Hogan Member

His PMPS was 114, so I think it was just the vet. He didn't even have to get out of his cage! I reduced to 1.0U as planned.

10. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Looks like Hogan has gotten over his vetty visit stress very nicely ;), any updates since your +2? Just curious :nailbiting:. Ideally, if it were me and we were close to a reduction number, so early in a cycle, I'd try and prop up the drop a bit, when just having taken a reduction. That said, I kinda think it seems like Hogan is writing his own playbook :cat:, so you may just be along for the ride. Hoping you see a nice flattish cycle, with no late night shenanigans :rolleyes:...but I'm around if you need support.

11. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Oh goodness Hogan! He really is looking fantastically flat and I love how he's earning decreases! Now lets hope he can surf steadily tonight without any funny business!

Hogan likes this.
  12. Hogan

Hogan Member

My thinking was that he's been very flat, plus a reduction, he wouldn't really drop very much? I am doing PM +2's now instead of +3 since I moved my shot times way up and can easily do a +4 before going to bed (or stay up and monitor without totally killing my sleep). But I see what you mean, I don't want to do another reduction so soon, so I should keep a close eye and make sure he stays flat. So much to learn! Thanks so much!

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  13. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Nah, you're picking up very quickly, we all still learn as we go, at least I know I do! I'd do before bed, just to make sure, since he's a bit of a grazer and the carbs on board always seem to be a bit of a wild card when he onsets. It's mostly just because he's flirting with 90 on an AT2 so early in the cycle, but you may very well be getting a good feel (he's your kitty after all, so you'll know him best :))

14. Hogan

Hogan Member

He seems to be staying pretty flat. I'll test again at +5 to make sure.