1/10 Mandarin AMPS 107, +3.5 115, +7 104 / Walter AMPS 66, +3.5 24!!, +3.8 42, +4 55, +4.5 65, +7 69

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mandarin'sMom, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo

I guess I am once again coming home for lunch to check on my boys! :nailbiting: Great numbers for both of them. :D:cool: I am really thrilled that Mandarin finally decided to work the juice.

Even though it's only two days into the new semester, I already feel exhausted. I once again teach a 3-hour night class on Tuesday and then I have to go teach again on Wednesday morning. This schedule will definitely take some getting used to. ...but at least it gives me the flexibility to come home in between classes.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for both boys. I hope they surf safely today.

Mandarin'sMom likes this.
  3. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Beautiful start for both boys today!

4. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

It's great both are behaving on the juice. Back in the 90's we had two brothers on humilin for 12 years. Only tested with urine strips. :woot: very fortunate it worked as well as it did. Here's to two paws up for Mandarin and Walter.

5. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Great job M. & W.!! Hope you adapt quickly on your schedule. That is tough to go 3 hrs. at night then start again the next AM. :confused:

6. Mandarin'sMom

Yikes - I am surprised that I didn't faint when I saw that 24. I was so shocked I didn't even know what to do first and whether I should run Walter to the vet. Figuring that he acted fine and was just begging for food, I went for honey and gravy.

I am glad that he's coming up - but what do I do now? I still have to go back to campus in 20 minutes. Can I leave him? I can run home right after my second class, but it would still probably be 2.5 hours.

7. Mandarin'sMom

I hate doing this, but I don't think I can cancel my class.... so I will leave the boys for a bit and run home right after I get done teaching. I jut gave everyone more HC food and hope that Walter will stay safe. :nailbiting:

I really hate this dance sometimes... and if anyone has bright ideas on dosing, please let me know. Obviously, he has earned himself a reducie, but I am nervous giving him any Insulin at this point if he can drop to 24 on 0.25 units.

8. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Walter is trying to say he doesn't like you working again. :rolleyes:

If he's still low-ish tonight, maybe skip to drain the depot a little and do 0.1u in the morning? Or go straight to the drop dose?? (where's the shrug emoji??)

9. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Dang, Walter! No need to be so dramatic... :cat:

10. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Oh Walter! :eek:

11. Mandarin'sMom

So glad to be back home. That definitely wasn't my best class - hard to concentrate on Global Health Issues when you have a cat at home that's dangerously close to a hypo. I am still in shock over that 24. :eek::arghh:

That's my thought as well. I definitely don't want to give any juice tonight (and might still skip tomorrow morning's dose since I can't be home to monitor for the first 5 hours).

...and I think Mandarin might have actually made it to the lagoon today if it hadn't been for all the HC food that his panicky mama bean kept handing out to everyone.

12. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Phew. Grab a glass of something and put your feet up,

13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Walter is okay. Our kitties have the worst timing.

14. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

When Rusty had a bg 27 on 0.1U the other day I gave a "token" at PMPS (I pushed the plunger in, inserted it into the pen, released it, and shot however much insulin was "collected"). It turned out to be practically none. I might as well have given a "fur shot" to drain the depot, since he bounced into the 200s the next morning (See Rusty's SS for 5-6 January).

I hope you can find a dose for Walter that you can shoot successfully. Now that Rusty has been put on steroids, I don't know what I am doing!

I sympathize with your teaching schedule. Edward had a few semesters like that over the years.

15. Mandarin'sMom

I ended up going with no juice for tonight. He was still pretty low (69, I think). We’ll see where he’s at in the morning. I don’t think I can another number like that anytime soon.

...and I sure hope Mandarin is listening. He is down to 92 @+2.5 - not a serious drop, but still the lowest he’s been in a while. I’ll set an alarm for +5 and give him another lecture about the dangers of shark-hunting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.