1/10 Silver AMPS 315 +4=335 +6=277 +8=275 +10=299 PMPS 304 +3=313

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Juliet, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope your migraine gets better soon. Hopefully Silver slides down for you today since you'll be home.

Juliet likes this.
  3. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Feel better! Silver, you'd make your bean feel good if you showed her some blue... :cat:

Juliet likes this.
  4. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Ouch, that’s terrible, Juliet. I hope you can manage and aren’t suffering for too long. :bighug:

Juliet likes this.
  5. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Don't understand why so much higher at +4...insulin should be kicking in by now.

6. Juliet

Juliet Guest

786C5259-FB5B-484B-86FC-3977C4B4E897.jpeg

Silver and I hanging out.

7. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Looks like he is trying to blend into the blanket. Migraines are terrible. I suffered 2-3 a week until about 5 years ago. Then they went away.

Enjoy the extra kitty time. At +4 it should be kicking in by now. He hasn't eaten in the last couple of hours right?

8. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Nope - he got his food at AMPS. Now its +6 and he's only 277.....its cycle 7 since dose increase and he is higher. Even NDW wouldn't last this long. I wish I could increase now rather than on Saturday as I already know this dose is not enough.

Yes I got migraines daily for 5 years until I had the brain surgery. Now they are rare but still nasty.

Oh and I bought the blanket with him in mind - to hide the cat hair!!

9. Stacy & Asia

Glad he’s starting to come down a bit.

Oh that’s just terrible, Juliet! I can’t imagine how you functioned like that! Is that what your surgery was for? Or was it a nice bonus that the surgery nixed many of the migraines? I had terrible migraines as a kid and into my 20s, but I only got 2-3 a month and it seems like a lot, they would often last for 2-3 days! It was awful. Imitrex didn’t work, nothing really worked except narcotic pain killers (that I did not tolerate well) and even then, only if I caught them right away would it take the edge off. The painkillers made me puke, but often so did the migraines! Know what’s funny? After I got pregnant with my first, migraines pretty much disappeared out of my life, I’ve had less than 5 in the past decade or so. I don’t know what pregnancy did, but it jostled something in the right direction for me.

10. Juliet

Juliet Guest

I had/have chiari 1 malformation. Not sure if you've heard of it? Its where the lower part of the brain is in the neck as the skull stopped forming before the brain did. Had it from birth but only discovered after an MRI due to the constant migraines. Its pretty scary. They removed part of the skull and let out the membrane beneath - a bit like letting out a pair of jeans and sewing in a patch. Was NOT fun at all. Due to having that, I've had several falls and damaged almost every joint I have including my back. Hence me saying my health is not good and needing to rest (not staying up late nights to test). I have to be careful not to have a setback.

Girlie's mom and LizzieInTexas like this.
  11. Tracey&Jones (GA)

You never know... he might take a bit longer to come down some more but if you are holding till Saturday then you will know for sure if he needs more juice, which is the way it looks like now. Overall he is looking a little better in the sense the numbers are evening out. High they are though.

Mine stopped when I started chemo, of course then everything stopped!:blackeye: I think mine were more hormonal related. I used to live on Advil migraine and go into a dark room with some quiet and an cooling bag around my neck.
    I have had a couple of headaches since but they are have been more related to muscle tension and dehydration.

12. Juliet

Juliet Guest

The slow increases are frustrating. Maybe I should have gone right to 2.5 as this dose has done nothing but bring him higher. Nearly two weeks since last blue.

13. Stacy & Asia

Wow, that’s major! I hadn’t heard of it, but just looked it up. I hope the surgery relieved most of your symptoms besides the migraines. And yeah, sounds like you need to be extra careful and take care of you. Silver, you sure got a great mama! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Juliet likes this.
  14. Tracey&Jones (GA)

There is a method to the madness and 0.25 increases are in both TR and SLGS.

There are circumstances for bigger increases but I don't think Silver fits in those categories yet.

Juliet likes this.
  15. Stacy & Asia

I am not familiar enough with SLGS, but I wonder if the every 7 day evaluation is because they assume you are doing curves then, today would probably count as a curve, perhaps you’d have some wiggle room to increase because of that? I honestly don’t know, you’d have to ask someone more familiar, I’m learning SLGS mostly through your experience with it as I’ve never tried it. ;)

ETA: not to do a .5 increase but a .25 earlier than this weekend increase

16. Juliet

Juliet Guest

I think the deal with both protocols is to know what the dose is doing and how low it’s taking him. Because I’m home today and getting tests in and know he’s not going low - I am leaning towards increasing 0.25 tomorrow. And then doing a curve on Saturday. Anyone think I should NOT do this?

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  17. Tracey&Jones (GA)

SLGS was adapted from the original 5 steps that was used on the FMDB. In those five steps it indicated to hold for at least a week. It looks like the SLGS method in the sticky note was adapted a bit to how Lantus and Lev works specifically. Someone can correct me if I am wrong here. But the holding for a week is the same. TR allows for quicker increases @Stacy & Asia can confirm this, however in both protocols is the statement not to mix and match the two, that it can lead to some wonkiness that would be difficult to figure out.

I also think, NOT AN EXPERT, that it can take up to 3-8 cycles to really understand where the dose is taking them sometimes. Get that depot stabilized to the current dose. ECID different on the timing of that.

I know with Jones, it used to show up in 3-4 cycles but that was the old Jones, the new one is being a little more tricky.

A pro to your plan would be that you would have 4 cycles in and will be doing the curve on the 5th cycle.

A con to your plan would be that you are not waiting the full week to ensure the depot has stabilized before increasing the dose again.

You have got a lot of extra testing in lately and you will have 1 curve on this dose....

No help what so ever...:(

You hold the syringe...

18. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, what a medical "adventure" you've been on, Juliet! Is there any chance this AM's shot was a fur shot or did Silver eat something he shouldn't have?

19. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Neither to both - no fur shot and there is never any food in this house lol! I don't cook at all and they probably eat better than me!

20. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Yes I know what the protocols say and I am not "mixing and matching" as I am NOT doing TR or anywhere close. But I am "knowing my cat" and know that this dose is not taking him where he needs to be. So because I am home and know that even on cycle 8 this dose is not even close I am increasing - well aware of what I am doing. There is no risk to Silver as I do know he is not close to green or even blue on this dose. I am not planning increasing until cycle 9 which is well past the 3-8 cycles and stabilization of the depot. Although - on TR, they increase after 6 cycles (once they know the nadir) - so the depot must stabilize earlier than a week or TR people would be constantly increasing on an unstable depot - just my thoughts on that. As they say ECID and I believe I am quite safe to increase. If this dose was taking him any where near blue then I would wait. And I only ever plan to have one curve on each dose, as generally, curves are only possible on Saturdays. This week is a one off as I am home.

Anyway, I am glad of the advice and will take it on and give it some thought and decide in the morning after this curve.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  21. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Just pointing out some details here for you to review them before making your decision.....

...like I said, you hold the syringe.

ETA: I didn't specifically say you were mixing and matching. Just that both protocol says not.

22. Juliet

Juliet Guest

I know. And thanks. Its good to have some info to mull over so I can be confident I've thought things through before making a decision.

Funny he is at 299 at +10. Had I not been home today all I would see is pink at AMPS and PMPS so I know he is getting into yellows. I just wish the blues hadn't disappeared. Likely glucose toxicity from having held the dose too long in the past, hence my inclination not to let it happen again. I know very well I may be wrong on this one. I would like to move towards changing dose mid-week then, as you say, I have a few cycles on the dose before curve day.

Thanks for advising - appreciated!

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  23. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Yup. This dose not doing it for him.

Stacy & Asia and LizzieInTexas like this.
  24. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Silver is such a cutie. That face :smuggrin: you can just see the quizzical look. :bighug:

Juliet likes this.
  25. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Thanks! He was after my food! He tips his head from side to side as he begs. If it’s chicken he gets a little off my plate.

26. Juliet

Juliet Guest

A very pink and yellow curve day - and not a blue in sight :banghead:

27. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Rats. Soz to read that Juliet.

I'm late today as I did this :banghead: for real. Enough to addled the brain and shake the gnashers.

Juliet likes this.
  28. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

I was going to ask about the story behind his photo. I could tell he was saying something. Now we know it is "chicken pleeaassee!?!". Too cute!

Juliet likes this.
  29. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

He's gorgeous isn't he.

Juliet likes this.
  30. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

So, so sorry to hear about your migraine and your surgeries. I've had six surgeries, but all but two have had to do with joints. Yours sounds so much more serious!!! I can see why you take such care of your health and make sure you get enough sleep (as should we all).

Thinking of you and sending "go away, migraine!" vines... :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Tracey&Jones (GA) and Juliet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.