1/11/18 | Darwin: PMBG=90 - something is off tonight!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tasha & Darwin, Jan 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tasha & Darwin

Tasha & Darwin Well-Known Member

Condo

Trying not to panic too much tonight, but Darwin isn't feeling well. I have been watching him all afternoon as I felt like something might be amiss. He has been sleeping in his favorite spot, but didn't get up for his afternoon snack. I let him be as that wasn't cause for too much alarm. Come dinner time, and he still hadn't gotten up to come and beg for dinner (which usually begins a good 30 min prior to dinnertime), and he continued to snooze through me opening a FF can...okay...something isn't right.

Naturally, I check his BG first. 90. Not a scary number, but much higher than he has been in a long time. Wondering if it's just higher than his normal because something is off. He walked promptly away from two types of FF, and is now back in his spot sleeping. He has never done that...ever. :arghh::arghh::arghh:

Unless he really seems worse (or better...FINGERS CROSSED); I will just plan on bringing him to work with me tomorrow morning, but I'm not sure I'll get much sleep if he continues to refuse food. It's been 10 days since his dental procedure so I don't think he's painful - he was completely normal prior to noon-ish. When my GF gets home I am going to SEE if we can check his mouth and take a temperature (things he will NOT let me do myself).

Please send good thoughts!

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending feel better vines for Darwin! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Tasha & Darwin likes this.
  4. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Poor Darwin! I have no suggestions other than to try to get him to eat something, anything, so you don't have to worry he didn't. Is he drinking at least?

I'm glad you can take him in to work with you, I hope they can figure out what's going on, and good luck to you and your GF trying to get his temp! :p

Major vines and love and hugs for all of you, keep us posted! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Sending. I hope the vet gets to the bottom on this soon as.
    :bighug:

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers. I hope it's just a blip. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Tasha & Darwin

Tasha & Darwin Well-Known Member

Well, we were able to get his temperature (with some difficulty - I am thankful we are both vet techs...Darwin is not). He has a fever of 104.2 degrees, so naturally I burst into tears, and called my vet in a panic. He calmed me down, and said I probably don't need to rush him to the ER vet as long as he's alert and seems OK, but just to try and get him to eat something. My poor guy...he's never actually been sick before - even when he was diagnosed with FD he wasn't sick sick. Going to try and stay off of google tonight...thank you for the well wishes! I'll keep you guys posted...

8. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    I hope it's nothing serious and it's just a fever.

9. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Vines for you and sweet Darwin! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

11. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Aw, sorry for Darwin and his mommas. Hope it's just one of those things, like when we get sick--a drag, but not scary, and better after some extra rest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.