1/11 Mango amps 132,@+2 111,@+8.5 104,pmps 142/132,@+2 74

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lesliejm, Jan 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Not a bad start for Mango.:cool:

Do you think you will be able to run a curve/ or at least get some tests between +4 and +7 sometime??? Perhaps at the weekend?
    It would be good to see if Mango is still getting into the 60's or if his overall range has crept up.

3. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

I will do it this weekend. I'll see if hubby will do one today while I am at work. It is killing me not being here to do the tests.:mad: I was bad at dinner, I gave him a little of his regular dry food. He is not eating to my liking. He HATES wet food. He throws up on YA when I put a little in his wet food for an enticer. I just wanted to see if it was the YA that was making him throw up and it is. So that is one reason I gave him his old food, to see if he would throw up on it and he didn't. He only eats an average of 3 perfect portions a day and I am worried it is not enough food. I have tried so many wet foods and he hates them all. I will see what I can do this weekend. Everyone have a great day! Off to work for me!

4. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

Looking good Mr Mango!

5. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start today. Hope his appy increases for you.

6. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Is Mango maintaining his weight?

Gill & George likes this.
  7. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Aw, I hope you can find a food to his liking. Civvie Toki hated the food switch until I discovered how much she likes Parmesan cheese. :rolleyes: I started sprinkling the cheese on top of the food and she would eat it that way. Now she will sometimes eat it without cheese, slow going, but she wouldn’t have eaten at all with out that help.

8. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

I was going to ask same as Paul (Bronx'x Dad), is he maintaining weight?

Have you tried origjen freez dried treats? George goes mad for them, and most other cats like them too. Some folk have had success using crumbs/powder from the freezedried treats as a topper to entice them to eat their wet food.
    Sprinkling parmesean cheese works for some kitties as well.

9. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

I am going to weigh him but I think he's maintaining his weight and he actually jumped on top of our grill outside which is very high and wasn't sure he was able to jump but he did

10. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

I had to do the parmesan cheese today and he ate a little

11. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

My husband just text me mango was at 104 before lunch I am not sure what hour number that was but he was 104 I think I need to do a curve and maybe adjust his insulin not sure we will see when I get home and I will see what everybody's opinion is when I get home retest him and see what his PM pre-shot is

12. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

What should I shoot? He is going higher. Should I stay the same. I know I got the shot in him today.:nailbiting:

13. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

The two numbers are the first test then the retest because I couldn't believe it was that high at first then it went down 10.

14. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

Am I do for a vet visit? I am worried now.

15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

He is on his way up. One option is to stall without feeding for a bit, 20-30 minutes, and see if he comes up any more for you. Or if you can monitor tonight you could shoot the same dose. You've shot this dose on lower numbers before.
    What is worrying you? The vomiting?

16. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'm not seeing anything unduly alarming on your SS. I'd give the same dose this evening.

17. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

Going to give the same 0.25.
    He is just not eating enough. I just went to a different pet store and got him a can of Blue
    Wilderness kitten canned food. It was the only one low in carbs. He ate some, but only 1/4 of a can. He was hungry though and seemed to like it. I also got him some Purebites and he loves those! Goodbye Temptations!

18. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

I guess I could be overreacting a little? I'm just not used to these blue numbers. And I am just wondering if his not eating has to do with it?

19. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If they are feeling a little off, it can definitely increase the numbers a little bit. Purebites chicken shredded over cat food was always a good way for me to start the eating machine.

Lesliejm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.