1/12 China PMBG 117, +6 102 :(

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chris & China (GA), Jan 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

1/11

Yeah, yeah, I know....it'll probably come down in a few hours, but I still don't like it!!

Think I'm going to start testing her at least every AM and PM for awhile.....just to make sure....and then make decisions on further testing based on the numbers I get.

In other news, I woke up this morning to temps outside in the teens (negative wind chills) and no heat in the house!! (how come when it was 62 outside the other day, it felt warm, but 63 this morning in the house felt like living in the refrigerator??) Had to call the HVAC company to come out (luckily, they were here in about 90 minutes) but then it was still about 1pm before he got it going again. The fan motor was totally kaput and had to be replaced and then he said the heat exchanger was "really rough" and I should probably plan on replacing the whole furnace soon......just what I didn't need to hear! Ballpark figure? $2500

But once he got it working, right before he left he looks me straight in the eye and says "If you start to feel nauseous or get a headache, turn this off and get out of the house"....that makes you sit up and take notice!

I did call to get an "official" estimate, but there's just no way I can come up with that kind of money, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do at this point.....But I did go out and buy a carbon monoxide monitor!

At least I had kitty heat this morning!! Between a few extra blankets and all 3 cats, the majority of me was pretty warm!!

Supposed to be even colder tomorrow so happy I have heat ....just hope the "quick fix" lasts awhile!

Hope you're all having a good Friday and you're all staying warm!!

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

That sucks! The house situation as your girl will likely come back down. Warm, safe :bighug::bighug::bighug: to you all!

3. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Yikes. Hope the furnace continues to work safely and that China comes back down into some greens for you.

4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Come on China, give your mama a green!
    Sorry about your furnace woes! Sounds like a new one might be in order :eek:

5. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Bummer on both the PM # and the heat exchanger. No sure which is worse - no A.C. with it 100* or no heat and freezing.

China's numbers will come back down.

Be safe. :bighug:

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow on your furnace. I hope it keeps working properly. I'm sure China will be back in the lagoon in no time.

7. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Come on, Ms. P, no messing around.
    Liz

8. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Watching for another test to see if China comes back down where she belongs. Stay off the beach, Missy!

Major bummer about your HVAC. I hope you don't have any more problems with it this year. I'm glad you bought a carbon monoxide alarm, though. That's nothing to mess around with.

9. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

look around for 0% financing.....

when we financed our with renewal by anderson, we got 5 years at 0%.

it may be a search, but there are some out there.

hopefully 117 is as high as she plans on visiting..... and it's still a good number/ still remission.

10. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

I think it's important to remember that during her trial, China liked to peak at pre-shot times. But in between them, she'd come down nicely on her own.

11. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Very glad you got the carbon monoxide detector! Hope that issue is sorted out for the season.

I love how snuggly kitties get when it's chilly.

12. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

It’s just one number and it’s still normal. Remember China’s body doesn’t know the difference between 80 and 117.

I’m glad you got a quick fix and I hope it works long enough to get you through the winter.

13. Chris & China (GA)

That's part of the problem in the first place....Living in the middle of nowhere, my options for places that can do the install are limited.

When your total income is only a little over $700/month, there's just no way to stretch it much further.

14. Chris & China (GA)

Yeah, I'm sure they think they're using me to stay warm.....they don't realize it's a mutually beneficial system....LOL

15. Chris & China (GA)

Well, that was disappointing

But it's been a kind of strange day around here, so I'm going to try to chalk it up to that and hope tomorrow is better

16. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Still within meter variance. It looks green from Canada.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  17. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I hear ya, Chris, me too; limited income, living out in the middle of nowhere, ("geographically two weeks away from everywhere," lol). It's really hard to find service for all sorts of things, options are definitely limited. And most of my money goes out for cat food, cat meds, cat toys, cat beds, cat blankies, cat treats.......and on and on, lol, you get it, I know! My heating system went out several years ago - old, no use trying to fix, can't afford new - so I manage with a couple of judiciously placed space heaters, lots of plastic over drafty windows, and heaps of warm, furry cats!

I think China's just testing you, to make sure you're still paying attention, now that she's OTJ. ;)

Snuggle up with the kitties and stay warm!:bighug:

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.