1/12 Yoyo AMPS 336,+2 244,+4 117,+5 120,PMPS 337,+2 318,+4 261

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Debra and Yoyo, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to see that blue last night. I hope Yoyo comes back down today. By the way, the 266 from the night of the 10th is colored blue instead of yellow.

3. Debra and Yoyo

Thanks...I corrected the night of the 10th.
    Please give me your thoughts again on increasing Yoyo's Insulin dosage. Do you feel his numbers are too high on this current dosage of .25units?
    If increased, should I go back to .50units or try .40units if I can estimate .40units? And please- be honest with what I should do. Remember, I am new at this and I am just trying to absorb what other members inform me.
    If you're off today from work, wish I hope you are, have a GREAT DAY!!!

4. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

It does seem like Yoyo started spending less time in blue as soon as you reduced to .25.
    I like to do small increased/reductions with Bailey, but I wonder if a full .25 increase increase could also be a bit of a wake-up call to the pancreas.
    I find the dosing to be confusing because there are so many factors involved in reading the ss. I hope Carla and the other experts can give you some good suggestions.

5. carfurby (GA)

I think Yoyo is just a bouncy kitty. I don't think you have a lot of room to increase because his nadirs are close to your reduction number of 90. Within the past week you've had an 87, a 117 and a 128. I'd hold the dose and see what he does a little longer.

6. Debra and Yoyo

Ok....I'll wait a little longer and then ask you again.
    I asked my vet about syringes for using small doses of insulin and she suggested that I call this exotic animal hospital in my area. So I called and they told me they treat birds and rabbits and they use milliliter syringes. Have you ever heard of this?

7. carfurby (GA)

I've never heard of it.