1/12Ravan/amps79/+2 100/+6 114/+9 136/pmps145/+3 142/+6 196/

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JoyBee&Ravan, Jan 12, 2019.

1. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  2. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Best of luck with the dosecrease!

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

That is some start there. Nice.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  4. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Nice starting AMPS. Good luck with the dosecrease!

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  5. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Beautiful start for Ravan today!

6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Joy

I’m responding to your PM asking for dosing advice. Ravan is in that area where one dose (1u) seems too much to you and a lower dose (0.75u) doesn’t seem enough.

First, Ravan is a very bouncy kitty. That’s nothing to get stressed out about....it happens. He’ll do well on 1u and then you decrease and he seems to do well for a few cycles on 0.75u and then he starts bouncing. Things that can contribute are differences in absorption and perhaps inconsistencies in dosing due to syringe inaccuracies.

While others might have some different options for you, I see a couple.

Option 1: if you want to see more greens, you will need to manage the curve with food consistently as I’ve provided the info to you before. This helps to bring up the lows and flatten the curve so that you can safely hold a higher dose (e.g. 1u) longer.
    Option 2: keep the lower dose as long as he is getting into green nadirs around 70-80 and ignore the bouncing.

You might want to write down the pros and cons of each to help you decide which way you want to go. Everyone has to approach this differently as the pros and cons can depend upon how many people there are to help monitor, what your availability and ability to test are, how the finances are with needing to potentially buy more strips, etc.

For example, the pros of Option 1 are that he doesn’t leak urine or sleep as much but the cons might be that you have to test more as you’ve done when he’s in green (and he gets sore ears) and you get less sleep. The pros of Option 2 are that you can give him and you breaks when he’s bouncing but cons are he leaks more urine, sleeps more, and you worry more.

While I am an advocate of using calipers to dose because it lets you dose more accurately, it’s not a requirement. What it did do with us and Gracie was let us dose in 0.1u increments so we could better fine tune a dose instead of trying to hit a halfway dose consistently between 1u and 0.75u, for example.

I understand the high numbers during bounces stress you; they stress everyone that has to deal with them (speaking from firsthand experience). But this is how Ravan is and you have to decide for yourself which way you want to approach it. We all want to see green and blue. But with a bouncy cat, it’s easier said than done sometimes especially if you are doing this all by yourself.

I hope that helps. :bighug::bighug:

7. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member