1/13 Loudogg AMPS 120 +7 109 PMPS 112 - When to Increase?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

January 5, 2019 Condo - Reduction

Evening everyone,
    Unfortunately, Lou's reduction isn't going as smoothly as his previous one. He held steady while the dose stabilized, and had a bit of a wobble before smoothing out beautifully. That didn't last long before his BGs started to creep upwards. At this point he's been in blues for the last 24 hours. I think it is likely too late to say the reduction failed, but I'm thinking he's likely going to need to go back to 0.5u. He had gone down to 71 three days ago but has been steadily increasing since, so I was thinking about seeing how he does tonight and tomorrow and give him an increase on Wednesday morning if things don't improve. This would be his first increase since settling into regulation, so I don't want to go too soon, but I don't want to risk setting back his progress by waiting too long. What are your thoughts?

Civvie Bella's dental is on Wednesday (no February discounts at my vet), and I find myself more nervous than I was for Lou's dental. She's just lost so much weight and I'm worried something bad is going to happen. I really think she needs this, so I'm hoping it'll help a lot of things. I'll just have to keep myself occupied that day. :rolleyes:

I hope you all have a wonderful evening and your kitties surf safely. Hugs to you all! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Maybe not failed reduction, but pancreas getting tired? He might just need a short reminder.

Paws crossed for an easy dental for Bella. Dentals are one of the hardest things on us.