1/13 Quintus still happy OTJ

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Steph & Quintus & L & O, Jan 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-5-quintus-ambg-92-no-juice.189130/

Hello! I've been a bit out of here, with being out of strips (not much to report when you can't measure anything) and back at work.

I finally got strips (everything I ordered arrived in the space of two days, so I'm stocked up!) and even my own glucometer. Yay! (have posted AT/strip/code question in Feline Health forum)

Quintus seems to be doing great. The few tests I've done since I got the strips are nice and normal. It's soon going to be two weeks since he got his last shot of insulin!

I went to the vet on Wednesday to check in and figure out what to do/not do. We decided it wasn't worth continuing Convenia or changing anything. I did ask for labs to see where his pancreatitis and kidneys were at (last kidney values were good but he was drinking like a fish; last pancreas values were through the roof, pre- and upon diabetes diagnosis).

There is one thing I am concerned about, and that is a kind of digestive (?) spasm he does when he's resting. I've posted about it on the Feline Health forum, if anybody wants to have a look and chime in. (Kind of out of ideas.)

Have added a phew more photos and videos to Quintus's photo album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/7vCSM7NcMALUEYom2

LuanneP likes this.
  2. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

I’m glad to hear that Quintus is still doing well and :otj:! I’ve been wondering about you two.
    :D

3. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

That's great that Quintus is doing so well OTJ! Keep it up Q.!

4. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning/afternoon Stephanie and Quintus. So glad to hear all is going well off the juice. Two paws crossed for continuation.

5. LuanneP

LuanneP Member

The purrfect start to the New Year for you & Quintus!

6. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Nice numbers for Quintus :D:D:D
    Glad he is doing well.

Sending vines for good BW results.

(no idea about the spasms, sorry)

7. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

Thanks for your kind and encouraging messages! Quintus is actually doing better than me. It seems I got giardiasis in India possibly as far back as 2015 (or worse?) -- first round of treatment gave me 10 days of "omg I haven't felt as good as this in years!", but the bugs hid somewhere and are back, so I'm on my second round of anti-parasite antibiotics. Quintus has it easy!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  8. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

That is no fun at all! I hope round 2 sorts it out!

Keep up the good work, Quintus. :D

9. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Way to go Quintus! Hope the OTJ continues.

10. SMM

SMM Member

Congrats to you both! You stuck to your guns and it sure paid off big time! Fantastic!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.