1/15 Bubba,+3-149,@6.25-220 , PMPS-195,+2-256,+3-215

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bobbie And Bubba, Jan 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Blues

Starting off in the blues again. (Make that a green start, Thanks Sharon for pointing that out) At last night's cycle @ +10, Bubba awoken me hacking up and only a tiny amount of hair, mostly water so, thought I better do another check and he was 110 so I gave him .75 oz ff so he wouldn't go to low since he nadirs at the end. Guess it was a good idea but wondering now what he would have done without the extra fuds at that time. I need a crystal ball.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
    Reason for edit: To correct
    Sharon14 likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Bubba gives you a blue/green surf today.

3. Melissa24

Melissa24 Member

Another nice green start to the day! :D

4. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Bobbie have some :coffee::coffee::coffee: Your SS has a green start:D

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Oops, don't know what I'd do without your editing, Sharon. I'm having some coffee now. :coffee:

Sharon14 likes this.
  6. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Food will sometimes actually bring them down instead of up. Not sure why...another FD mystery. Great start Bubba, surf those greens today buddy!

7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Great start today. Keep it going.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  8. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I know I had to look at Colin's SS three times before I was sure I was seeing blue. Mine was from sleep deprivation as well as disbelief!:confused:

9. Bobbie And Bubba

I was just on my way over to look at his SS. Way to go Colin!!!!!!

Sharon14 likes this.
  10. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Bubba has got off to a good start:D when I saw Bubbas 160 in last nights cycle I had a feeling you would see green again for a preshot Yay!!!

He seems to be liking the blues, I still feel like he is going to trend down for you :)

Have you noticed that for the last 5 days he has given you the lowest reading at amps?? Bubba hasn't got to that chapter on the manual, dawn phenomenon, what's that??

Hey Bubba hope you make it to the lagoon for a bit of a surf later today, just don't leave it till the last minute!:D:D

11. Bobbie And Bubba

He's creeping upwards on me. Today is the 8th cycle of 5u after two earlier fur shots this month ( one on 1/1 and one on 1 on 1/11) where we started the count over again. @Jill & Alex (GA) and @Libby and Lucy, should I increase tonight? Hey, I've missed you Ladies, LOL

12. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

@Doodles & Sour Pea
    There's no mystery.

When the pancreas is working as it should, food will stimulate kitty's system to make it's own insulin. Until that point, food will often drive numbers up and/or "put the brakes" the action of the exogenous insulin... as evidenced in using food to bring BG numbers up during a low number event.

However, when kitty gets down to small/tiny doses of exogenous insulin, feeding @/around +9 or +10 may actually help to bring preshot numbers down. We'll sometimes suggest using food as insulin when kitty gets to this point. :D

Although, sometimes as kitty heals the pancreas will simply "sputter"... work occasionally or for a just short time. I liken the action to kitty flexing his muscles... trying to takeover, but not yet ready to do the job on it's own.

Make sense?

13. Jill & Alex (GA)

Ha! Haven't missed a day reading Bubba's thread. I'll bet Libby can say the same. I usually don't post unless I have something to suggest. Have been waiting in the wings while he's been going through the cycle count on this dose. :)

He's creeping up today, but we can't just look at one cycle. Overall, his numbers have been coming down. Notice all the blue where the yellows used to be? :p

That said, I think you could increase the dose. Bubba's seeing green, but I'm sure you'd like to see more of it! If I were in your shoes, I'd take the Lantus dose up to 5.25 units.

However, since Bubba is already seeing green and he's a late nadir cat, increasing the dose means those spot checks towards the end of the cycle are going to be more important than ever. That part shouldn't be difficult during the day, but getting those spot checks during those early morning hours will take some hard work.

I think you're about to enter the "rest and get some sleep whenever you can stage".

Are you up for it?

Gill & George likes this.
  14. Gill & George

Great Explanation

So what is considered a 'small' dose? Are we talking 0 .25 u, or there abouts, or have you seen evidence of the pancreas intermittently sputtering at 3 or 4 units say?

15. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

It does! Thanks for the explanation. My brain has been "sputtering" these last few days.

16. Bobbie And Bubba

i
    I'm up for it! So tonight I'll increase to 4.75. As far as the spot checks, +10 and +11?

17. Jill & Alex (GA)

Generally speaking when I refer to a "small dose" I'm talking 0.25u or less.

As far as seeing a pancreas "sputter" at doses of 3 or 4 units...
    Can't say that I have, but it might happen. The longer I've been around here I've learned that one should never talk in absolutes about much of anything concerning feline diabetes because ECID is soooooooooooooooo true! Frustrating at times, but true.

The thing is, even if the pancreas does sputter while at a 3 or 4 unit dose... it doesn't really matter much until the pancreas is working/healing enough to warrant a lesser dose. And you'll know when that's happening because you're hometesting. Kitty shows you when to reduce! :)

18. Jill & Alex (GA)

I think a before bed check, +8 and a +10 are good places to start, but let's see how things go.

An exception: Bubba obviously has a late nadir. If he should really dive into PMPS tonight, I'd hold off on an increase til morning because you *could* be up all night between the momentum from a dive and an increased dose. I don't see much sense in that. LOL!

19. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

Do you mean 5.25? ;) Maybe it's time for more :coffee::coffee::coffee:. Or a nap, since you'll be getting up at the wee hours!!

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  20. Bobbie And Bubba

Sounds good, I am going to take a nap right now, just because.....LOL Thanks Jill :bighug:

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  21. Bobbie And Bubba

I am so glad that you and Sharon are good copywriters. Yes, I meant 5.25. Don't know where that 4.75 came from. I am going to go take a nap, LOL

granadilla and Mandarin'sMom like this.
  22. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Ah, the joys of a late nadir cat! Welcome to my world. Paws crossed on the increase.

23. Bobbie And Bubba

So it looks like I will be up at 1:45AM and 3:45 Am, oh heck I can always use the potty time. ;)

Sharon14 and Gill & George like this.
  24. Bobbie And Bubba

Bubba wants more juice. Dosecrease tonight, up to 5.25. Hope this is the dose.

25. Gill & George

Good luck with the dosecrease.

Bubba, be a good little pirate and Work that Juice!:D:D

26. Melissa24

Melissa24 Member

Good luck Bobbie! Surf safely little pirate!

27. Bobbie And Bubba

+3 and he is 215. Going to get some shut eye and test at + 8 again. Nighty night for now. :)

Sharon14 and Gill & George like this.
  28. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Dream of blues and greens Bubba!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.