1/15 Jenks AMPS 57 + 3 41 +4 60 +10 128 PMPS 156 +7 153

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AZJenks, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

1/14

Oh boy, didn't see that coming.

Jenks started out last night higher than usual at 162. Seeing him at 109 at the overnight feeding was a nice change in the right direction, but nothing that screamed out for a later spot check, especially with a recent pattern of AMPS numbers in or around the 80s.

I guess Jenks just decided to surprise us with a number in the 50s this morning, which unfortunately doesn't give much wiggle room if he decides to have an active drop early in the cycle. Poor OH! Hopefully he just gives OH a number that can be fed instead of an action number that requires gravy, but we'll be prepared for whatever!

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I see Jenks is back to his tricks again. I hope he surfs safely today.

3. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Beautiful number Jenks! :D Stay safe today!

4. AZJenks

Jenks did pretty much as expected. He gave OH an action number this morning.

Between yesterday's 50 and today's 41, it's clear that Jenks is building up momentum again after doing so well for a week or so after that experimental BCS shot to burn off momentum on the 9th.

I suspect if we hold the course he'll just start repeating this on a daily basis, so I guess it's time to move on to step two of our plan. If the BCS turned out to not be successful, the next option was a dose reduction.

So tonight I eased him down to 6.0U. I'm not happy doing this. In fact, it's counterintuitive in the face of rising PMPS numbers. But I don't know what else to do. I can't give him a "burn off" dose every week because that puts him in 24-36 hours of yucky numbers. The morning drop happens so close to breakfast that trying to address the drop with food isn't a viable option because his appetite just isn't there.

My fear is that he's already not getting enough duration out of this dose, and that a further reduction is just going to let the PMPS numbers go up even more...

I'm open to any suggestions.

5. AZJenks

Hmmm, a whole lotta nothing after a half cycle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.