1/16 Asia PMPS 167, +4 188

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Stacy & Asia, Jan 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-15-asia-pmps-180-2-150-3-120-4-87.189652/

Got a few greens back last night, woohoo!

I’m not sure what has changed, but she’s not doing this rapid drop in the +1 and +2, it makes coming down from those higher numbers a challenge, for sure, but I’m loving the suddenly new gentle action that is happening. Far more predictable and normal looking. I really hope that keeps up.

Not sure if she jumped on the couch yesterday due to the change in pain management or the addition of the methyl B, or a combination of both, but I hope things like that continue! She’s been very vocal and playful recently as well, that never went away, but it’s more frequent than it had been. Happy kitty! :cat:

2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Nice to see those greens on her ss last night! :D:D

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  3. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Very happy to hear that Asia made it up on the couch with you and that she is more playful again. I hope that means that the meds are working (and will continue to work).

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  4. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Methyl B12 was what got Silver back on his feet.

5. LuanneP

LuanneP Member

Way to go Asia!
    I bought Zobaline for Merry but keep forgetting to give it to him, oops!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  6. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Oral or by injection?

7. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Woohoo Asia!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay for a happy kitty. Nice to see that green last night.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  9. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Oral

10. Stacy & Asia

+6 148. Depending how today and tonight goes, thinking to increase in the am tomorrow.

@Marje and Gracie she's been on 1/4 cap BID of probiotics, think it's good to up to 1/2 cap BID now? No adverse effects as far as I can tell, poops are okay. Was about to sit down and split up caps for next several days so thought I'd ask, 1/2 cap is easier to measure out besides. ;)

11. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

What a great Asia report! Keep it going, Asia!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  12. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I think you’re good to increase!! Glad to see her flatten out for you!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  13. Stacy & Asia

Thanks! I didn’t do anything (that I’m aware of) to cause this is just happened suddenly, seemingly on its own, is that a thing? I’ve been experimenting with her overnight foods and making them match the day time, but that was way more recent than this new gentle Lantus flattening. So curious.

14. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

It appears to me like she started flattening out on the 1u dose as it became more cumulative and the depot filled. The increase to 1.25u might have also helped...and I hope the yellow numbers are due to changes in the bupe dose.

More green Asia!

15. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Asia is a right trooper.
    C'mon Asia. Do your thing.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  16. Stacy & Asia

The yellows don't fit in with anything else and the bupe is all I know that changed right there, so I hope so too.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  17. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Beautiful Miss Asia...

Are you giving bupe for arthritis pain? I've got some, but haven't used it yet for Girlie. I'm wondering whether I should try some for Girlie and see what she thinks of it. I'm ordering my Zobaline now, as well. I hope Asia continues to feel better!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  18. Stacy & Asia

Yes, and so far it has been great, she tolerates it well, doesn’t make her loopy or sleepy, she has a little more pep in her step. Her labs came back suggesting pancreatitis and she also has some teeth issues, so it can help with pain for those things too.

I put a bar row on her SS (December 2017) when she started the bupe and pretty much that is when she started having consistently decent numbers and stop taking trips to the moon when she bounced (touch wood). Maybe flair ups of pain sent her to the moon? :(

I also very recently started methyl B12. Asia jumped (on the couch) for the first time since October! So something or both of those somethings is helping. She’s actually cleaning her face right now, that had gone away for over a year I would guess and it’s now a very regular thing again! :)

I hope Girlie has much success with the zobaline, can’t wait to hear how it goes for her. :cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.