1/17/20 Zoot AMBG=150, +5.5 137 PMBG 158 Trial Day 7 (He ate kibble last night :-()

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cinnie Cole, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Wondering about his slight increases in BG numbers over the course of the test. I will test at +3 to see which way his numbers are going.

His general disposition is very good, his appetite is excellent (but he is not "frantic"), he is climbing the stairs fast and faster.

I found a small amount of fresh vomit this AM that may have been his. It could be he ate something inedible.

Tested his urine last night and he was negative for both ketones and glucose.

Could the metronidazole be affecting his numbers? I give it to him after his meal in a 1/2 pill pocket (2 BID) because it is the only way I can be assured he will eat the whole thing.

Your thoughts? Thanks!

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'd test at +3 and see if he brings his numbers down. It's possible the metronidazole could be affecting his numbers or it could be from the vomit. Glad there are no ketones.

3. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Sigh. He just got a snack at +2.5 so should I wait another hour before testing? All signs point to him being fine, but I will get a test in.

4. carfurby (GA)

You can test now and see what his number is and if it's not green test again in 3 hours from feeding.

5. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Just a thought. The pill pockets do have corn syrup in them, and a real quick look - moisture up to 31%, with protein 11, fat 9.5, fiber 1 - maybe they are about 50% carb.
    They are little though, and I love using them (but not for Tina). I wrap a piece of her chicken food around her pills.

I'm real glad to know he seems to feel well. That is important:cat:

6. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

yeah I tested right at 2.5 and he was 149 - so a negligible change. Will test again at +6.

7. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tummy trouble can definitely effect the BG . . . a hairball can also cause a BG spike. I know Zoot! is feeling better, but wonder if his GI is all settled down yet.
    Scritches little buddy:cat:

Cinnie Cole likes this.
  8. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

@Tina Marie and Jan @carfurby Possibly the mystery is solved. My husband, who is currently in the doghouse. left kibble on the counter last night after he fed one of our other cats. He forgot to remove what she didn't eat and caught Zoot! hopping off the counter when he went in the kitchen - probably around 4 AM (two hours before I tested). SMH.

9. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Now THAT could be it - a true test of his little pancreas, lol. But no more kibble Mr. Zoot!! I love finding a solution to these kind of mysteries:D:D:D

Go green for your next test, please!

Cinnie Cole and Sonia & Leo like this.
  10. carfurby (GA)

That could definitely be it. It may be tomorrow before he comes back down. It can take up to 24 hours for kibble to clear the system.

Cinnie Cole likes this.
  11. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Oh Zoot!! That kibble wasn't for you!! :rolleyes: Have a super happy day 7 anyway!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

12. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

KIBBLE!!!! oh man!!!

Happy day 7!!

Cinnie Cole likes this.
  13. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

So at +2.5 he was 149, at +5.5 he is 137. Good going Pancreas. Hubby is still in the doghouse.

14. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Oh boy Zoot, you better come down soon or your Papa's going to be in worse trouble!! :joyful:

Cinnie Cole likes this.