1/17 AM (333) Makoto +1 (363) +7( 263) PM(90) +2 (130) +5 (240)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Si am cat mom, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

Either I missed a lower number or this is just how it goes this week.
    We slept through his usual +8 snack and test. I think once his Gabapentin kicked in and he ate at Midnight, he was just so tired. He woke me up pretty persistently this AM at 6- I expected him to be low because that's how he acts when he is, but maybe any number out of range makes him feel weird. Did his test and shot 25 mins earlier this AM and opened a new Lantus pen - just in case (we got the older one 11/8). Haven't tweeked the dose too much since I am not sure what's going on and I don't want to change too much, but he might need another microincrease soon.
    Happy Friday

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It does look like he's bouncing from going low somewhere. Maybe it's a delayed bounce from however low he went yesterday. I hope he comes back down today.

3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Never know with these cats.

Si am cat mom and Sonia & Leo like this.
  4. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

I think Carla might be right! Mowgli has definitely bounced a day or two after a big low... I hope Makoto slides down for you soon :)

Si am cat mom likes this.
  5. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Come on Makoto, listen to your cheering committee and slide down!!
    Have a great day Ari!! :)

6. Si am cat mom

I had thought he stopped bouncing after that stretch of blue for New Years. He went lower overnight a few times and I hadn't seen it reflected in the AMps, but I guess sometimes they do- sometimes they don't. Poor guy has had a busy week. Hasn't seen to many greens lately so maybe that's all it takes.

Labwork came back good. No signs of infection or trouble. His Glucose was only 214 at the vet which is about where it usually is once he becomes the Komodo dragon at the vet. I try to fill out the lab SS once I get the copy.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  7. Si am cat mom

Maybe it was our insulin...?

I'm off tonight and think I'm okay for the usual 0.25 but thought I should ask since I haven't had a low PS number in weeks ?

Stalling so far but he got a treat during testing.

8. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Ari, you mentioned you were stalling, have you been able to test again since you saw 90? Sorry, just seeing this now, but trying to gauge where you are at?

9. Si am cat mom

Sorry ! Yes.
    I wasn't overly worried so I took down the question mark and went ahead as planned since he was (94) at 7 pm which was 20 minutes later. He seems to go up or hold until +3.

So, +11.5 (87) rechecked on ear (90)
    PMPS (94) I gave him MC (12-14%) food with his shot and his reg for his +1 snack.

+1.75 (130) about 25 mins ago.

10. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

No worries, I expected you would monitor as you go this evening, but if you are at all uncertain about anything, post and I'll keep an eye out for at least a few hours, and there will likely be others around too if you need help. I had to giggle at your comment about Makoto being a Komodo dragon at the vet's....that sweet face looks so innocent :cat:

11. Si am cat mom

Thanks! I was a little thrown off by the lower numbers, since he'd been so high lately and this AM. I think using the newer Lantus was a good idea- I orginally kept the older bottle on the door so maybe it didn't keep as long.

Oh, no....he turn into a beast at the vet. Screaming like a banshee, charging people, whipping around that tail...it' terrible. He's one of two cage aggressive cats I've ever seen, so they can't even put him in a kennel and take a break. :rolleyes:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  12. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

But he's so pretty!!! He's just voicing his opinion, and I do believe he has one!!