1/17 Jonesy AMPS 439 shot 1.25u; PMPS 472 shot 1.25

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Darcy and Jonesy, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Darcy and Jonesy

Darcy and Jonesy Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Have you decided if you are following SLGS? If you are, you hold the dose for 7 days, unless he earns a reduction, and then do a curve to see if you need to adjust the dose.

Darcy and Jonesy likes this.
  3. Darcy and Jonesy

Hmmmm, yes! That's the one I'm going with! Decided right now ;) heeheee

4. Darcy and Jonesy

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  5. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Hi Darcy, I haven't been by yet to a condo of yours, so welcome!

Here is your last post for continuity and so others can see some history as well http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...3-pmps-185-1-25u-3-5-232.224370/#post-2510604

While higher preshots are tough to see, in case no one has mentioned this to you, with Lantus we make dosing decisions based on how low the dose is taking the kitty, not preshots. Stay with 1.25u, and as Carla mentioned, since you are following SLGS, do a curve after 7days on 1.25u, unless Jonesy earns a reduction by going under 90. Even with TR you'd stay with 1.25u for a few more cycles. You need to give this dose a chance and see how Jonesy does ;)

6. Darcy and Jonesy

THANK YOU Christie! I was starting to panic :'( Two weeks ago he was in the emergency vet with Ketones, so I'm now freaking out when his numbers are so high. Will shoot 1.25, thanks!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  7. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

It might be worth getting some Ketostix so you can watch for ketones. You'll have to catch Jonesy peeing, they are little test strips that you place in the pee stream. How is his appetite this evening? Still good? I understand your concern, you certainly wouldn't want to skip a shot, with history of ketones, but my suggestion is to stick with 1.25u for the time being. The recipe for ketoacidosis is insufficient insulin + inappetance + infection or other systemic stress. This may be info overload, but good details on ketones and Diabetic ketoacidosis https://petdiabetes.fandom.com/wiki/Ketoacidosis

With past ketones it is important to try and keep him hydrated, so I'd suggest you add water to your feedings if you are able to.

ETA sorry you did link yesterday's post, I guess I need to put my glasses on lol:rolleyes:

Darcy and Jonesy likes this.