1/17 Maggie AMPS=120, +2=137, PMPS=126

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Alicia & Maggie (GA), Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-16-maggie-amps-212-2-142-5-133-pmps-164.189697/

I'm hoping this lower AMPS means she feels better. I stayed up all night with her because she had runny poo and required frequent behind cleanings. We both thought it was a great way to spend a night... not! :eek: I assume it was caused by the double dose of antibiotics.
    Did not give any Entyce yesterday afternoon, just giving ondansetron. I got a fresh bag of fish flakes and that is doing the trick to get her to eat. Anti-jinx
    I hope beans and cats who have been under the weather feel better today. :bighug:

2. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

That's a better start! Hope the liquipoo is over with and you both get a good nap today. Fingers crossed that she is feeling better.

Alicia & Maggie (GA) likes this.
  3. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

What @Bronx's dad said! :bighug::bighug:
    Better start today for Maggie. I hope the liquipoo is done and maybe you and Maggie can catch a nap today.

5. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Much better start today! ...and sending some tummy vines for Maggie. And appy vines, of course.

6. Tasha & Darwin

Tasha & Darwin Well-Known Member

Nice AMPS for Maggie today! Hope the poo problems resolve quickly - Darwin is having the same issue, but luckily no mess so far. I also think it's from him being on two antibiotics. Poor Maggie - hope she feels better today, and you both get some nap time! :cat::bighug:

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Poor Maggie and poor you. I hope the poo clears up today and you can get a nap in. Sending prayers.

8. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

After the +2 BG check and a puff of Flovent I put Maggie in her teepee (bed with a partial covering). In a few minutes she yowled a few times, and I saw that she was digging at a wall of the teepee. I wonder if the cyproheptadine is making her anxious. Think I will try just fish flakes as an appy stimulator and only give ondansetron for nausea this PM. I haven't been following my normal feeding schedule, but trying to feed frequently.

ETA: Tanya's lists howling due to agitation as a possible side effect of cyproheptadine.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  9. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I found when giving Cypro, that you want to start with a sliver...not what the vet suggests as a dose or it can make them very agitated.

Have you tried Saccharomyces boulardii for the diarrhea?

10. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

I did 1/8 of a tablet of cypro.
    I've been giving her Saccharomyces boulardii for some time now. I give 1/64 of a teaspoon, which I estimated to be 1/4 of a capsule, twice a day. Should it be more for diarrhea?

11. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Yes, I would give her 1/2 cap twice a day or you can follow the emergency stop directions (scroll down to page 9).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.