1/17 Mandarin AMPS 135, +3.5 103 / Walter AMPS 75, +3.5 91

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mandarin'sMom, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo

Looks like Mandarin changed his mind about bouncing. I fully expected a bounce when he jumped from 88 to 174 in the first two hours of his AM cycle yesterday, but he was back in the low blues by mid-cycle.

This is Walter's sixth day on 0.1 units. He is staying below 120, but since he is usually on the high end of normal, I will continue to hold the dose. He also really needs a nail trim, but he hates having his paws touched. I've been trying, but I think I will need a second person. He is so agreeable about everything else, it just amazes me that he throws such a fit about a nail trim (and he will not only scream, he'll actually try to bite). Cats...:rolleyes:

2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

The boys are looking good Christina!
    My vet does free nail trims when they're in for check-ups so I usually wait until then :cat:

Mandarin'sMom likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's nice to see all that blue and green on Mandarin's SS. Walter is looking good. I have better luck trimming claws if I catch them when they first wake up. Otherwise, I ask the vet to do it.

4. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Maybe you should try desensitize the paws by touching them and giving Walter treats every time? Then he will connect treats to letting you touch his paws and will eventually not complain about the trimming.

5. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

The dynamic duo are looking good !

6. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice report on the boys. Keep at it M. & W.!

7. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

That's a great idea! That's how I got Mandarin and him used to the testing and shots too, so maybe it'll work for nail trims too.

Looks like another nice cycle for both boys. And, in hindsight, it probably would not have been necessary to run home for lunch... but you after that 24 last week, I don't think I'll feel safe staying on campus for lunch until the shock wears off.

8. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Glad to see Mandarin back to surfing nicely in blue and green. Walter looks amazing....all I see is barely blue and a lot of green. Being long term diabetic I'd likely hold the dose for a bit too. Super exciting :woot::woot:

9. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Lookin' fabulous here!!!

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

The boys are looking marvelous!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.