1/19/2020 Blackie +5.5 49

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sherry and Blackie, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Sherry and Blackie

Sherry and Blackie Member

Briere Fur Mom likes this.
  2. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dose reduction:D

Sherry and Blackie likes this.
  3. Sherry and Blackie

I normally feed him at +5 should I add mc or hc. Or let him eat and retest?

4. Sherry and Blackie

He's back up after lunch. Will keep testing.

5. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

That 31 at +5 would have had me reaching for the HC...like 20%. It all depends on Blackie's carb sensitivity though. With Moey...anything in the 40's has me feeding MC...12%-15% depending on how he reacts to the first food bump. I go with 12% first. If that doesn't give me a good 5-10 points, then I go for the 15% or a larger serving of the 12%. It's all about experimenting and finding the right "formula". And then that can change too!!! Arghhh!!!
    I'd keep testing Blackie every 30 mins until you get 2 non-food influenced rising #s.

6. Sherry and Blackie

Sounds good. When you say 20% do you mean 80 regular low carb and 20% high carb . Or do you mean a food that is 20% or more in carbs? All these greens are new to us. Exciting and concerning at the same time .

7. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

The 20% carb food. Exciting!

I think Briere also meant that 31 reading, she'd be getting the HC fast! Me too!!

8. Briere Fur Mom

I mean food that contains 20% carbs. It falls into the HC food category. I get my carb% info from the sortable food chart. It allows me to shop for just the right amount of carbs to steer the curve "efficiently".
    Greens are very exciting!!! But, it also means you have to be a little more prepared to take action if necessary.

9. Briere Fur Mom

I should've added this to my first reply, but I wanted to be sure you saw it. I would get Blackie's #s into the 50's before you begin the process of non-food influenced tests. 49 is really close to 50, but just to be safe you might want to bump him with a little LC. JMO and I'm usually wrong:p

10. Sherry and Blackie

Thank you ! I value and appreciate your help.

11. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I usually go for a little MC when I get a low reading like that - but then I understand how Luci responds to carbs. An HC at that point would send her soaring to the moon...I try to give her a gentle nudge in the right direction; MC and test again in 30 minutes. If not coming back up, another round of MC and another 30 minutes. She typically responds at that point...but that's Luci. You'll know more as this happens again and you can see his response to MC or HC foods. Just takes a little time to sort out :)

Nice job Sherry!

12. Sherry and Blackie

Thank you Sue! I'm feeling a lot more confident. It's great to have you all to help guide me.

Sue and Luci and Briere Fur Mom like this.
  13. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Blackie is looking so good

14. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Blackie came back up for you. A number in the 30s is an automatic reduction. I know you just reduced, but for safety's sake I think you need to reduce again tonight. You can always go back up if you need to.

15. Sherry and Blackie

Hi! Just saw this after I gave his evening shot. I'll monitor close tonight.